Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scottg
    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Browncoat
    Right now I've got an Airport Express plugged into an old Theta DAC, playing through an old 100wpc Rotel integrated. I don't need loud, but I would like something cleaner.
    -which Theta? Some of their line are still better (sounding) than most of what's produced today (..the Gen. III, still being the best I've ever heard).

BTW, looks like pro-quality wood-work to me. (..and a seriously nice workshop/tools.) 8)

Comment

• Scottg
      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Browncoat
      Wow, time flies--been enjoying these for a while already! There's nothing wrong with them, but I just feel like building again. I've never heard any of the DIY designs, so can anybody suggest something with a similar-ish footprint? (8.5" x 11" or so)
      -bigger than that, but not terribly different in overall shape:

https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi-way/97043-elsinore-project-thread.html

Click image for larger version

Name:	1677653542986-png.1148366.png
Views:	39
Size:	303.3 KB
ID:	932985

https://www.customanalogue.com/elsinore/elsinore_index.htm

Click image for larger version

Name:	ULD_780W.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	137.6 KB
ID:	932984
      Last edited by theSven; 10 April 2023, 02:41 Monday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• Browncoat
        • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Scottg
        -which Theta?
        Was a Chroma, now gone to a new home. Right now I'm using Bluesound to stream to a Mytek DAC and amp.

Just to close the loop on this--I appreciate the suggestions. I considered at least a dozen designs, including the Ardents, but in the end I went with a more compact Troels kit. Unfortunately, it's stuck in customs...

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"