X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tjbmi
    • Nov 2008

New Home for the BG Ribbons - Part 27

Newbee here - or better stated, Oldbee reawakened. Finally getting around to finalizing my new living room and its long neglected a/v, I have decided to build a line array. Starting with "A New Home for the BG Ribbons" from 2002 ( https://www.htguide.com/forum/archiv...hp/t-3311.html ), I have read with interest the JonMarsh, Hank, ThomasW et al epics dating back to 2002 guest staring opposing views from ***** and Rick. So curious minds want to know - what happened? What started out as a search for good mid/bass woofers to match with the RD75 morphed into a monopole/dipole/electrostatic/wide-skinny baffle/router bit/yak skin discussion.

- Thomas seemed to find audio nirvana with the RD75 mated to Acoustats panels and leaf tweeters.

DIY (Do it yourself): Cabinetry, speakers, subwoofers, crossovers, measurements. Jon and Thomas have probably designed and built as many speakers as any non-professionals. Who are we kidding? They are pros, they just don't do it for a living. This has got to be one of the most advanced places on the net to talk speaker building, period.

- Jon, although originally a monopole fan, seemed to become influenced by the dark side and also drifted towards cone based dipoles.

- Hank - Well I'm not sure you ever settled on the ultimate to build. Wouldn't want to rush into anything!

Maybe I missed a thread or ten.

Although if given the choice and the correct room configuration, I also would prefer electrostatic dipoles ala ThomasW. When this is over, I will have an excellent set of Quad ESL63's for sale.
    So, based on all of these discussions and my room layout constraints, I have decided to build:

- monopole line arrays due to required room placement - built into a wall unit. Toe-in to be discussed. Yes, I know edge diffraction and ambience problems will be compromised.

- use the specially modified B&G Neo8's *******(I originally intended to use a pair of RD75's I snagged from e-Bay but UPS decided that was not a good idea - I didn’t get a vote). I'm not worried about the fall-off above 15K because I probably cannot hear above that anymore - but my dog might enjoy a better choice.

- use 6-1/2" woofers due to limited baffle width of 12"-13" max. If ******* designs can go low enough with 6-1/2” woofers, my not mine? Hopefully at least down to the 50-60 Hz range to avoid low end image location problems if sub-woofer is used.

- x-over in the 600-800 hz. range to keep x-over below critical areas.

- build this configuration and if I am not satisfied with the low end, add sub-woofers. Probably trans-line with the line through the floor into the basement rafters and back out or maybe just an IB.

- at least initially, use active x-overs to tune and avoid the complexity and numerous nasty passive x-over components. Once x-over points and slopes are established, then maybe integrate a passive x-over. If I end up using a sub-woofer, I will run out of amps and would rather heat my room the traditional way.

So my question is still the same as at the beginning of the 2002 thread, what woofer would be the best match?

Current shortlist contenders are:

- Basically copy the AlphaLS design and use the CSS woofers (currently the WR125ST I think due to the WR125S being discontinued) even though Jon states the required volume for a sealed enclosure becomes quite large.

https://www.htguide.com/forum/showth...ar+idea+danny# post67548

- Buy ***************** Edit by moderator Even though the original design was a ported enclosure,

- Jon's favorite, the MCM 2321, no longer seems available and I do not see a good MCM equivalent. Did Jon ever build an array with these? Good results? Current MCM favorite?

DIY (Do it yourself): Cabinetry, speakers, subwoofers, crossovers, measurements. Jon and Thomas have probably designed and built as many speakers as any non-professionals. Who are we kidding? They are pros, they just don't do it for a living. This has got to be one of the most advanced places on the net to talk speaker building, period.

- Perhaps a HiVi M6a based on all of the good comments about the M8a. I'm not sure the good comments were about the M8a were in a sealed enclosure or not or if the M6a would exhibit the same good characteristics.

- Even considered the Vifa BC18SG69-0 from PE because it seemed reasonable, is a truncated frame and was on special. Maybe gone by now.

- Not too enamored with the Dayton RF series, metal cones and all. Am I wrong?

I’m trying to keep the driver costs <2.5-3K. Got to set a limit somewhere!

Looking for comments/suggestions on woofers and an explanation please----

What are the sonic differences between a floppy woofer (large Vas) in a large sealed enclosure vs. a stiffer woofer (smaller Vas) in a smaller sealed enclosure when they are both tuned for the same Q and F3?

All comments and sarcasm greatly appreciated.

Tim

This post has been edited by moderator to conform with our "New Rules" section...
    Last edited by theSven; 21 May 2023, 12:52 Sunday. Reason: Update htguide urls
  • Paul Ebert
    • May 2004

You might consider a SB Acoustic midwoofer or the Exodus EX-6.5 midwoofer (www.diycable.com), though the EX-6.5 is rather $$.

Comment

• ThomasW
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Neither Jon or Hank have built anything along these lines.

Jon got rid of the MCM drivers referenced in the old thread

I was going to post this in the current RD75 thread but I'll put it in here as well

I'm working a new design using a spare pair of RD75's. The idea with this is to use the lowest cost components for a full dipole 3-way.

System will be tri-amped. A 3-3.5kHz XO point between the RD75 and Neo3, and 500-650Hz XO point between the RD75 and the woofers.

I brought in a pair of Neo 3's to evaluate. I want to compare them in dipole vs monopole operation. Looks like I'll use a line of 16/side. That's tall enough to run with the RD75's and just perfect if I decide to move them to RD50's (rear channel speakers) and update the RD75 design with the larger ribbons from CSS

My current plan is to buy the unshielded RS180/4 then DIY truncate their frames (not something for the faint at heart). These will be used to make a dipole line array woofer. These are quite low cost when purchased in line array qualities. I've looked at the truncated RS150's but their FR plots aren't that good...IMO

I'll EQ the woofers since I intend to use a very narrow baffle.

I'm not interested in having the woofer section run low since these will always be used with a sub.

I can't comment on the other drivers you mentioned because I haven't used them.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• ThomasW
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

I've had time to research some of your questions.....

Appears the Vifa BC18SG69 is still available. If you need very low cost it's probably the way to go. Only issue with it is the first cone mode seems to be ~150Hz.....

Unless you can open the back of the wall to make a larger space, I'm not sure how you're planning on dealing with the rear wave off a line array of 6" dia wall mounted drivers.

BTW, the reason I'm going with the RS180/4 is their low cost, the reasonably flat FR, PE's 5yr warranty, and the fact that given their history these are likely to be an in-stock item from PE for many, many, years. Using them with an XO point more than an octave below the first cone mode means the 'nasties' associated with running metal cone driver to higher frequencies won't be a problem.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• tjbmi
          • Nov 2008

The speakers will not be mounted into the wall directly,rather integrated into a 20" deep wall unit up agaist the wall. So sandwiched between shelving units on each side (maybe slightly pushed out with rounded corners) , I figure I can go up to a total enclosure exterior size of 13" wide x 84" tall x 20" deep. Given approx. 7" between woofer centers, I can get approx 20 liters or so per woofer less bracing & stuffing. If I do not run the array the full 84" height (which I do not plan to do), then I have some additional available volume on each end of the enclosure for the reduced number of woofers used.

Thanks for your input.

Comment

• Amphiprion
            • Apr 2006

Quick Q: Are you in Texas?

Comment

• tjbmi
              • Nov 2008

Other end of the world - Michigan

Comment

• Rick Craig
                • Jul 2006

I just finished an array with the Neo8PDR's. There are some tradeoffs with them as far as sensitivity and the top octave response / dispersion. Going active will give you much more flexibility with them in terms of matching the woofer line output.

Comment

• tjbmi
                  • Nov 2008

Matching sensitivities is a problem noted by others........

Post edited by moderator to conform to:

New Rules of this forum
                  Last edited by theSven; 21 May 2023, 12:53 Sunday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• ThomasW
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2000

Originally posted by tjbmi
                    use the CSS woofers (currently the WR125ST I think due to the WR125S being discontinued)
                    I probably go with a larger diameter driver having a lower Fs.

Just looking around I stumbled upon the Peerless 830657.
                    Free support for loudspeaker projects, sourcing OEM speaker building supplies, and passive crossover design. We sell raw speaker drivers (tweeters, woofers, subwoofer, midrange drivers, full range drivers), speaker kits, amplifiers, capacitors, resistors, and inductors.

This truncated frame driver is so inexpensive and has such a nice frequency response I may consider using them over the RS180/4.

Since individual driver efficiency isn't an issue with an array, the 830657 paper cones could be 'doped' to add mass and lower the Fs...

A bit higher on the food chain is the very nice Peerless Nomex 830875. These are among the most 'neutral' sounding drivers I've heard....
                    Free support for loudspeaker projects, sourcing OEM speaker building supplies, and passive crossover design. We sell raw speaker drivers (tweeters, woofers, subwoofer, midrange drivers, full range drivers), speaker kits, amplifiers, capacitors, resistors, and inductors.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

• Hank
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Jul 2002

Glad the BG interest continues. There is only ONE reason I didn't buy a pair of the 75's recently on sale at PE: I just could not bring myself to buy an audio component of significant cost without listening in person. I've never heard a long BG live. I definitely trust Thomas' opinion, but...there you have it.

Thomas, I've been thinking about self-truncating mid-woofs when I eventually decide on an open baffle line array design. I've got a good table saw and blades and could build a sliding fixture to hold drivers in position consistantly.

tjbmi, good luck with your quest!
                      Sorry for the lack of sarcasm, but after lunch I've got to put together a dog and pony PowerPoint presentation for the exec VP, and 3M Russia is requesting projector lamp details on a rush (what else?) basis, so I'm afraid that any attempted sarcasm would come out WAY too sarcastic. :W

Comment

• ThomasW
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Hank
                        Thomas, I've been thinking about self-truncating mid-woofs when I eventually decide on an open baffle line array design. I've got a good table saw and blades and could build a sliding fixture to hold drivers in position consistantly.
                        Yep that was the basic plan... :T

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

• Amphiprion
                          • Apr 2006

Hank,

Jonathan has a single RD75 driver if he hasn't gotten rid of it. He ordered two many many years ago (Bass list special for those that recall). Only one is currently functional, and I think it's still in his stairway closet. He may loan it out to you to play with if you ask nice (or guilt him about NEVER showing up for parties ). I do not know if/how much renovation the RD75 driver has undergone during that time, but I'd assume any changes were made for the better.

Also, I want to be there if you ever cut metal.

Comment

• ThomasW
                            Moderator Emeritus
                            • Aug 2000

IIRC, there haven't been any significant upgrades to RD75 is a long time.

B&G will rebuild burned out RD series drivers. Last time I checked (maybe 7yrs ago) it was ~$220 to do a RD75.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

• Amphiprion
                              • Apr 2006

Knowing Jonathan, he'd probably unload them if he still has them. He's got too much going on in his life right now for speakers. Sold me his Girardin mic a few years back even. I use it as my back up these days.

Comment

• Hank
                                Super Senior Member
                                • Jul 2002

Thanks Mark - I'd at least like to hear them do their midrange magic. I'll try the guilt trip on Jonathan. See ya for Texas Hold-'em on the 5th.
                                BTW, I wan't planning on truncating METAL cone frames - I think living in Aggie land has scrambled your brain :rofl:

Comment

• ThomasW
                                  Moderator Emeritus
                                  • Aug 2000

BTW, I wan't planning on truncating METAL cone frames
                                  Buck up and act like a man Hank... :B

Alu is comparatively soft and cuts pretty easily using a 80 tooth carbide blade lubricated with wax... :T

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

• Amphiprion
                                    • Apr 2006

Yep, we cut aluminum all the time at my job in B/CS on a regular table saw with a special blade. It's doable.

Comment

• Hank
                                      Super Senior Member
                                      • Jul 2002

Real men truncate drivers on their table saw (but not steel frame drivers).
                                      Bet you thought I trimmed inductors by unwinding a few turns and cut coax to length with diagonal cutters, didn't you?

Happy Thanksgiving!

Comment

• Newbieaudio
                                        • Oct 2008

ThomasW evaluation of Neo3

"I'm working a new design using a spare pair of RD75's. The idea with this is to use the lowest cost components for a full dipole 3-way.

System will be tri-amped. A 3-3.5kHz XO point between the RD75 and Neo3, and 500-650Hz XO point between the RD75 and the woofers.

I brought in a pair of Neo 3's to evaluate. I want to compare them in dipole vs monopole operation. Looks like I'll use a line of 16/side. That's tall enough to run with the RD75's and just perfect if I decide to move them to RD50's (rear channel speakers) and update the RD75 design with the larger ribbons from CSS
                                        "

Thomas,

On an other RD-75 link from last fall, you mentioned you'd be testing (16) Neo3. Is this system above, your recommendation based on your testing and listening?

I recall that your main RD75 system croses over higher with your Panasonic leafs.

Thanks,

Dave

Comment

• ThomasW
                                          Moderator Emeritus
                                          • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Newbieaudio
                                          you mentioned you'd be testing (16) Neo3. Is this system above, your recommendation based on your testing and listening?
                                          It's based on what my expectations and crossed fingers....

All the parts for the system are here, at this point other projects have priority
                                          I recall that your main RD75 system croses over higher with your Panasonic leafs.
                                          They XO at 6kHz

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

• Hank
                                            Super Senior Member
                                            • Jul 2002

So, I'm not the only guy who's slow to get a line array done :

Thomas, did you buy the Peerless 830657 or stick with your Dayton decision?

The latest excuse I have is the additional choice that Thomas threw into this stew: the relatively inexpensive 'stat panels he suggested. I may actually buy a pair of small ones to see if they like my ears.

Comment

• ThomasW
                                              Moderator Emeritus
                                              • Aug 2000

Thomas, did you buy the Peerless 830657 or stick with your
                                              I brought in 8 of the RS180-4s for testing. I'll post info about the project where they're being used late next week.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

• Hank
                                                Super Senior Member
                                                • Jul 2002

Okay, I'm ready (when the tax refund arrives) to be a man and put up money. :E I know... Okay Thomas, you diverted my attention to ES panels and I have heard some great sounds from ES's. I almost bought a pair to listen to. THEN, you have to come up with this: "Something we usually talk about in these threads but haven't touched on yet is those wanting a lot of midbass 'slam', should probably use dynamic drivers for their woofer section instead of ESL panels. It takes a really big ESL section to create the same amount of impact as can be obtained from a single line of 6"-8" midwoofers. (this is why my speakers use 2-of the Acoutst 1+1 panels per side...)"

Okay, I understand "slam". I play in an 85-piece symphonic band and I want accurate dynamics. Lots of folks write about detail, soundstage, slam, etc, but if you're playing a large group, with lots of very different instruments and huge real-life dynamics, you have absolutely got to have a huge square area of pistonic cones, ribbons, etc, each member moving well within its non-distortion travel max. That's why I believe only a dipole line array can get closest to "you are there". Okay, to the point: I'll do ES panels OR a line of mid-woofs, whichever most accurately reproduces the recording. I don't listen to hard rock, so I don't need that kind of slam, but I do want realistic dynamics.

I noticed the Peerless Nomex 830875 is out of stock at Madisound, but I can probably wait for re-stock (if within a few months). Meanwhile, I'll soon order a pair of RD75's. Sometimes it takes us guys quite a while to "commit". Next, I suppose it's time to delve into active crosssovers. :roll:

Comment

• ThomasW
                                                  Moderator Emeritus
                                                  • Aug 2000

I'll do ES panels OR a line of mid-woofs, whichever most accurately reproduces the recording. I don't listen to hard rock, so I don't need that kind of slam, but I do want realistic dynamics.
                                                  I'll let you know shortly. Currently I'm evaluating the PE RS180-4 for a line array. On my short list of other drivers for this are the Peerless 830875 and the new Tang Band W6-1721.

By the time I've played with a couple of these I'll be able to answer the question of ESL vs line of dynamic drivers.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

• Johnloudb
                                                    Super Senior Member
                                                    • May 2007

Hi Hank,

I'm also looking to do something similar design except I'm using RD50s for the mid/high frequencies. For the bass I'm using 6 Usher 8137A 8" drivers per side. And also active crossovers, which I'll custom design for the speaker. I hope this goes well, it'll be my first speaker crossover.

I already have the RD50s and 4 of the Ushers. Any who, I'm wondering how does one build a solid dipole mid-bass cabinet?

I've been thinking about using some 1" square aluminum tubing, mounted to some 1" MDF. On each side of the baffle, I'll have half of a 2" hard wooden dowel to cover the edge of the MDF and the tubing somewhat.

And of course a base and a couple braces to hold the baffle up.

Thomas, how did you support your mid-bass dipole? I'd think a bunch of 8" woofers would generate a lot of vibration.
                                                    Last edited by theSven; 21 May 2023, 12:57 Sunday. Reason: Update htguide url
                                                    John unk:

"Why can't we all just, get along?" ~ Jack Nicholson (Mars Attacks)

My Website (hyperacusis, tinnitus, my story)

Comment

• ThomasW
                                                      Moderator Emeritus
                                                      • Aug 2000

I don't have any pics right now, but there's a 1.5" thick spine directly behind the woofers similar to but not as deep as the one used in the Isiris design.

The baffle is 3/4" BB ply with 1/2" MDF on both sides.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

• CraigJ
                                                        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by ThomasW
                                                        My current plan is to buy the unshielded RS180/4 then DIY truncate their frames (not something for the faint at heart). These will be used to make a dipole line array woofer....I'll EQ the woofers since I intend to use a very narrow baffle...I'm not interested in having the woofer section run low since these will always be used with a sub.
                                                        Hi Thomas,

I'm currently running 6 RS180 next to a 45" ribbon above the xj-15 woofer. Is there a reason your are going with a very narrow baffle? I'm using a "tall" Isiris Jr. shape, and was wondering if the imaging would be better on a narrower baffle.

Thanks,

Craig

Comment

• ThomasW
                                                          Moderator Emeritus
                                                          • Aug 2000

Originally posted by CraigJ
                                                          Is there a reason your are going with a very narrow baffle?
                                                          Lower weight combined with having a smaller footprint in the family room

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

• Hank
                                                            Super Senior Member
                                                            • Jul 2002

I'm thinking of 3/4" MDF and 3/4" birch with a constrained layer sandwiched in between, that layer possibly being PE's vinyl damping sheet. And, I've thought about square steel tubing or steel angle running the length of the bafflle, on the back of course, close to the outside edges. And, I have a 1 1/4" radius roundover bit that I'd use on the vertical baffle edges. I haven't used that bit on any cabinet edges - I always use a 3/4" roundover bit.
                                                            BTW, I could be talked into RD50's for a less imposing look. I don't care about maximum fidelity/effect while standing up, only for serious sit-down listening. Thomas, if you were starting your RD project would you still choose RD75's?

Comment

• Johnloudb
                                                              Super Senior Member
                                                              • May 2007

I'm thinking of 3/4" MDF and 3/4" birch with a constrained layer sandwiched in between, that layer possibly being PE's vinyl damping sheet. And, I've thought about square steel tubing or steel angle running the length of the bafflle, on the back of course, close to the outside edges.
                                                              Me too. I'm thinking of using 1/2" baltic birch ply on the front, and cutting a hole big enough for the whole driver to fit through and just mounting the driver to 1" MDF , I'd round over the edge on the birch cutouts.

I don't know about using vinyl between the boards. I think it might reduce the rigidity of the boards as opposed to having them glued solid together. ??

I'm also plan on using seperate baffles for the ribbon and woofers. I'd like to be able to experiment with different placements of the ribbon and woofer arrays.
                                                              John unk:

Comment

• Hank
                                                                Super Senior Member
                                                                • Jul 2002

Yeah, I built an experimental cabinet for the Tang Band 8" subwoofer and I mounted the driver from inside the cabinet, rounding over the through-hole's front edge with my 3/4" radius bit. Elegant installed look, BUT you can't veneer the baffle like that - you'd have to carefully trim the veneer at the front edge of the roundover and then paint the roundover surface with black paint. Now if you paint the entire baffle, that takes care of the problem. But, I will not abandon exotic hardwood veneer.

Comment

• ThomasW
                                                                  Moderator Emeritus
                                                                  • Aug 2000

I don't know if the old B&G whitepaper is still on the PE website, it had recommended listening distances for the various height planars. The shorter the planar the shorter the listening distance.

Using CLD will make the baffles less stiff.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

• Hank
                                                                    Super Senior Member
                                                                    • Jul 2002

Yes, i remember the shorter, the less distance, but aren't we talking about several feet, say 12 or so, such that a couple of feet less height doesn't matter? I apologize to the down to the inch crowd, but I'm concentrating on the apparently small vertical distance of driver displacement/horizontal accurate reproduction of music?

If I did not ask that precisley, please let me know.

Comment

• Johnloudb
                                                                      Super Senior Member
                                                                      • May 2007

But, I will not abandon exotic hardwood veneer.
                                                                      I don't blame you ... I'm kind of rethinking my plans since I'd like to put the woofers closer together.
                                                                      John unk:

Comment

• ThomasW
                                                                        Moderator Emeritus
                                                                        • Aug 2000

Hank,

If you're giving any consideration to using ESL panels go with the 75" planars. I think mating RD50's with 48" ESLs would be problematic with regard to 'slam'

Jon's only considering dynamic drivers with his RD50's. In addition he's going to experiment with having an air gap between the RD50 and midbass panels. This concept is what Martin-Logan used in their Statement e2 design.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

• PMazz
                                                                          Senior Member
                                                                          • May 2001

I'm still thrilled with mine. RD50 and RS180s.

Image not available
                                                                          Last edited by theSven; 21 May 2023, 13:00 Sunday. Reason: Remove broken image link
                                                                          Birth of a Media Center

Comment

• Hank
                                                                            Super Senior Member
                                                                            • Jul 2002
                                                                            • 1345

I think mating RD50's with 48" ESLs would be problematic with regard to 'slam'
                                                                            ? "Slam" would come from either the ES panels or dynamic drivers, not the RD, correct?

Pete: glad you're still thrilled with your RD system :T

Comment

• ThomasW
                                                                              Moderator Emeritus
                                                                              • Aug 2000
                                                                              • 10933

#39
                                                                              'Slam' is primarily in the 60-120Hz range....

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

• CraigJ
                                                                                Senior Member
                                                                                • Feb 2006
                                                                                • 519

#40
                                                                                7 layers of 1/4" HDF, 2-45" ribbons, 12 RS180s, 4-15" woofers for "slam". Oh, and they don't weigh 1800 pounds like the Statements e2s.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2509-1.webp
Views:	105
Size:	9.2 KB
ID:	936873 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2508.webp
Views:	105
Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	936874
                                                                                Last edited by theSven; 19 May 2023, 11:16 Friday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• ThomasW
                                                                                  Moderator Emeritus
                                                                                  • Aug 2000
                                                                                  • 10933

#41
                                                                                  Originally posted by CraigJ
                                                                                  Oh, and they don't weigh 1800 pounds like the Statements e2s.
                                                                                  Sorry, but you need to start over and do them correctly .... :B

Looking pretty nice though ...... :T

Have a full size picture?

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

• CraigJ
                                                                                    Senior Member
                                                                                    • Feb 2006
                                                                                    • 519

#42
                                                                                    QUOTE=ThomasW]Sorry, but you need to start over and do them correctly .... :B[/QUOTE]
                                                                                    I don't know if my wife would appreciate that.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2512_2.webp
Views:	107
Size:	6.9 KB
ID:	936872
                                                                                    Last edited by theSven; 19 May 2023, 11:15 Friday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• ThomasW
                                                                                      Moderator Emeritus
                                                                                      • Aug 2000
                                                                                      • 10933

#43
                                                                                      I don't recognize those planar elements.....?

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

• Johnloudb
                                                                                        Super Senior Member
                                                                                        • May 2007
                                                                                        • 1877

#44
                                                                                        Craig, let's see the back of those beauties! ;x( I'm curious how you hold them up.
                                                                                        John unk:

Comment

• Dennis H
                                                                                          Ultra Senior Member
                                                                                          • Aug 2002
                                                                                          • 3798

#45
                                                                                          Looking good, Craig! So that's a monopole Newform planar with dipole mids and woofers?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                          Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                          Search Result for "|||"