• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Looks fine.... :T

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• warnerwh
      • Jan 2006

It looks like when this is done I should be proud of myself. Never been much of a a finish wood worker before but am learning. The box is square and stout. I also added another thickness of ply on both ends. This thing sounds very solid when using the knuckle test.

Btw, my friend and his wife are going to have this upholstered to match their furniture. I'll post pictures after it's done.

Thanks very much for your patience and help. I really enjoy building these even though it challenges my novice skills. We're pretty excited to see how this beast performs. These SS drivers are truly massive.

Before I can put on the baffle I need to take down 2 of the braces a little bit. Cutting these with a circular saw wasn't easy to get perfect. I definitely need my own table saw.

Click image for larger version

Name:	lastbrace.gif
Views:	281
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	847209
      Last edited by theSven; 15 August 2023, 00:14 Tuesday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• warnerwh
        • Jan 2006

Well it has been a very educational and enjoyable project. This has to be a world class HT sub:

Name:	earls4.gif
Views:	254
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	847264

Name:	earls5.gif
Views:	364
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	847265

Name:	earls6.gif
Views:	243
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	847266
        I didn't install drivers as it had been all we could do to lift this thing and put it in his truck. Two older guys with bad backs don't need to push their luck. He will install the drivers in his living room maybe tonight when he gets home. If so he'll email pics and I'll post them. Once it's finished on the outside I'll do a design thread so someone can copy it.

Great appreciation to Thomas who helped make sure I did this right and saved my ass at one point. Also thank you to everyone who contributed to this project. Without the help I could have never done it. I'm very happy with it.
        Last edited by theSven; 15 August 2023, 00:15 Tuesday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• ---k---
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Nov 2005

No roundover on the edges? no stain? What???
          You're not done yet! :twisted:

good job. :T
          - Ryan

CJD Ochocinco! ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
          CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
          CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center

Comment

• warnerwh
            • Jan 2006

I'm done with my part. My friend will finish it. He's still not sure how exactly. I suggested a granite top and he sounds inclined to go that way. We'll see what he ends up with. I told him I need pics so I can do a design thread for someone to copy.

I'm looking forward to his wife, Bridgette's reaction. :rofl: She knows he's bringing home a big sub but I can tell she has no idea just how big. My wife will call her in a few days so we can get the real story in her words.

Thanks for the kudos. It feels pretty good to complete this sub. In a way I miss it though.

I need to get some long clamps now before I redo my first sub. Laminating the baffle with glue and screws would have better been done with boards and clamps. Unfortunately I'm cash poor right now so they will have to wait.
            The important part is that my friend is very excited and happy. I'm sure that thing will kick ass.

Comment

• warnerwh
              • Jan 2006

This sub does kick ass. I've never heard bass like that before. WOTW and another with cannons are incredible. Everyone is very happy and very impressed too. I had no idea what a sub like that was capable of. Now I have to build one with one woofer for my family. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"