X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eliav
    • Jul 2005

dual cam 400 driving 800d

Hi all

it has been a long time since I last shared with this forum.

For those who still remember, I have been and still is a Classe/B&W addict, I am currently driving my 802d with cam400 (* cp700/cdp202) and planning to upgrade to 800d. now here is my question, has anybody noticed an audible difference with the 800d bi-amped with dual cam400 ? I know some of you think that two cam400 per speaker is an overkill and most likely a waste of money ( Rebel Man ?...) . I am open though to different opinions.
    Thanks
    :T Socrat
  • wettou
    Ultra Senior Member
    • May 2006

Originally posted by Eliav
    Hi all it has been a long time since I last shared with this forum.

For those who still remember, I have been and still is a Classe/B&W addict, I am currently driving my 802d with cam400 (* cp700/cdp202) and planning to upgrade to 800d. now here is my question, has anybody noticed an audible difference with the 800d bi-amped with dual cam400 ? I know some of you think that two cam400 per speaker is an overkill and most likely a waste of money ( Rebel Man ?...) . I am open though to different opinions.
    Thanks
    Nice, one CAM400 is plenty or go for the Boulder 1000W/c amp that will do the trick. :T
    Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• garak
      • Jul 2007

I think there was one person who posted a couple of times on this forum who has 800Ds bi-amped with CAM-400s. I think his alias is ScHIII or something like that. He's probably the only one with actual experience that can give you advice.

Comment

• Oddiophile
        • Jul 2008

I'm pretty sure that Abbey Road Studios uses that combination in their Penthouse Studio (5 channels!!!) LOL

Comment

• sikoniko
          Super Senior Member
          • Aug 2003

Hi all

it has been a long time since I last shared with this forum.

Thanks
          I say go for it. Classe is coming out with 600W rack-mounted amps in the spring and will eventually release them as Delta amps as well.
          I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• wettou
            Ultra Senior Member
            • May 2006

Originally posted by Oddiophile
            I'm pretty sure that Abbey Road Studios uses that combination in their Penthouse Studio (5 channels!!!) LOL
            Yes they do especially since they get great deals from B&W and Classé (free equipment in exchanged for advertising a bit biased if you ask me!!!

Code of ethics anyone:B
            Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• sikoniko
              Super Senior Member
              • Aug 2003

Originally posted by wettou
              Yes they do especially since they get great deals from B&W and Classé (free equipment in exchanged for advertising a bit biased if you ask me!!!

Code of ethics anyone:B
              Actually, I believe I heard they paid for their products.
              I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• wettou
                Ultra Senior Member
                • May 2006

Originally posted by sikoniko
                Actually, I believe I heard they paid for their products.
                Maybe at cost just so B&W and Classé doesn't have to take it as a loss :B

Comment

• ShadowZA
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Jan 2006

An idea could be to power each 800D with an Omega Mono instead of 2 x Delta Series CA-M400's. An opinion on a comparison would be interesting. :T

Basic spec of the Omega Mono:

Frequency response +_ 0.1db ... 20Hz-20kHz
                  Distortion THD+Noise ... 0.002%
                  Output
                  Watts per channel into 8 ohms ... 1x500
                  Watts per channel into 4 ohms ... 1x1000
                  Watts per channel into 2 ohms ... 1x2000
                  Power supply
                  Transformer size ... 3,000VA
                  Number of capacitors ... 64
                  Total capacitance ... 358,400µF
                  Inputs
                  Single-ended ... 2.25V/100KΩ
                  (volts for full output/impedance)
                  Balanced ... 2.25V/100KΩ
                  (volts for full output/impedance)

Comment

• wettou
                    Ultra Senior Member
                    • May 2006

Originally posted by ShadowZA
                    An idea could be to power each 800D with an Omega Mono instead of 2 x Delta Series CA-M400's. An opinion on a comparison would be interesting. :T
                    I heard Classé is going to launch a 600W ?

Comment

• Eliav
                      • Jul 2005

Thanks Guys.
                      When I pull the trigger - I sure will let you know ( waiting to move to a new house..). I appreciate the advice. In the mean time I am going to give Abby-Road studios a call and ask for their opinion,,:lol:
                      Eliav
                      :T Socrat

Comment

• wettou
                        Ultra Senior Member
                        • May 2006

Thanks Guys.
                        When I pull the trigger - I sure will let you know ( waiting to move to a new house..). I appreciate the advice. In the mean time I am going to give Abby-Road studios a call and ask for their opinion,,:lol:
                        Eliav
                        Sounds good enjoy let us know if you get an audition at Abbey-Road Studios

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"