X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gump
    • Sep 2005

Originally posted by AV-OCD

The EQ in the SSP-800 is really not intended for the amateur though. If you don't own any sound analysis equipment (PC RTA software, Mic, Mic preamp) and know how to read frequency response and waterfall plots, you really shouldn't touch the EQ in the 800.

However, if you hire a professional acoustician, you could have him set-up a "warm" target curve and save that to one of the 6 configurations, which would allow you to have the warmth only when you want it.

- Tim
    How do you find a professional acoustician and verify their credentials? I'd be a little uncomfortable letting a BEST BUY Geek Squad "dude" take a crack at tuning an 8K processor :E

Comment

• Gump
      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by sikoniko
      Neil,

you bring up a topic that I'm not sure many have a real grasp on at this point. I think the EQ section of the SSP is worthy of its own thread. Perhaps those that understand it better would be willing to help those of us who don't learn? Maybe we can all learn together.
      I totally agree, sikoniko. I think we've only scratched the surface of the SSP-800's potential. I strongly suspect that full utilization of the 800's EQ feature might have a substantial effect on its' optimum sound performance.

Neil

Comment

• Nolan B
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2005

I really don like the way the little eye from my harmony wireless extender looks on the front of a processor. They should ad an IR read on the back ofthe unit as well as the front. Is there a way to connect or hardwire a cable from the 800 to the harmony extender?

Comment

• Gump
          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by SRT-10 Viper
          I've orderd the 800 and would like to review the user manual prior to getting the system. I looked on the Classe site and didn't see the manual for the 800. Is there an on-line manual anywhere?

I have searched for this also, but with no success. It would have been nice to have read it and been familiar with its' contents prior to the 800's arrival. Would've saved some time.

Comment

• sikoniko
            Super Senior Member
            • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Vancouver
            I really don like the way the little eye from my harmony wireless extender looks on the front of a processor. They should ad an IR read on the back ofthe unit as well as the front. Is there a way to connect or hardwire a cable from the 800 to the harmony extender?

There is an IR port on the back, but hifiguy will have to go into details, because I believe he said Classe made it proprietary.

I would try it first though. The IR seems to be VERY sensitive. I don't have a retransmitter on my SSP and it works just fine being behind me. There is an IR port on the amps, so it might be possible that CANBUS is used to send the IR signal to the other devices. Not positive on that though.
            I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• AV-OCD
              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Gump
              It sounds like you endorse the merits of EQ then. Are you planning on taking a crack at adjusting the SSP-800's EQ youself or having it done professionally?

I'm interested on the level of impact it has on the 800's sound.
              Despite having taught myself how to read graphs and set EQ filters, I am still going to have a pro do it and look over his shoulder in the process. I hope to learn from seeing a trained pro do it and it will give me a better understanding of how to tweak the results in the future.

I recommend speaking with your local high-end audio shop about getting a referral to an acoustician. You want a shop that regularly does full-blown HT installs as it is common to have an acoustician involved in the design of the room treatments including measuring the room and calibrating an outboard EQ.

Comment

• AV-OCD
                • Aug 2008

I use an IR extender and have the SSP-800 hardwired to the IR distribution box via a mono 1/8" (3.5mm) cable. If you want to control the other Classe components just daisy chain them using additional 1/8" cables.

The IR jacks on the SSP-800 are not proprietary. I'm not sure if CANBus will also transmit IR between components. It doesn't seem to.

Comment

• skuzzyb
                  • Mar 2006

There is an IR port on the back, but if Classe implemented it the same way as they did in the SSP600, which from all indications they have, you will need a Delta IR interface box. Most IRs are idle low, active high, however, the Classe implements this the exact opposite so you will need the interface box to invert the signal, then it becomes an idle high, active low. Once this goes on it works like a charm, and a lot more reliable than an emitter on the front. You should be able to get a Delta IR box from your dealer or from Classe service for free.

skz

Comment

• Gump
                    • Sep 2005

Despite having taught myself how to read graphs and set EQ filters, I am still going to have a pro do it and look over his shoulder in the process. I hope to learn from seeing a trained pro do it and it will give me a better understanding of how to tweak the results in the future.

I recommend speaking with your local high-end audio shop about getting a referral to an acoustician. You want a shop that regularly does full-blown HT installs as it is common to have an acoustician involved in the design of the room treatments including measuring the room and calibrating an outboard EQ.

Is it necessary for the acoustician to be familiar with Classe and the SSP-800 in particular, or are all parametric EQ's fairly standard?

Unfortunately the store I have dealt with for years went out of business recently and no one locally deals in Classe or B&W. So, I'm flying blind on this one.

Isn't there some guy that posts on AVS who travels around the country calibrating tv's and sound systems? Can't remember his name, but he seemed to have a good reputation over there.

Comment

• beden1
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Oct 2006

Is it necessary for the acoustician to be familiar with Classe and the SSP-800 in particular, or are all parametric EQ's fairly standard?

Unfortunately the store I have dealt with for years went out of business recently and no one locally deals in Classe or B&W. So, I'm flying blind on this one.

Isn't there some guy that posts on AVS who travels around the country calibrating tv's and sound systems? Can't remember his name, but he seemed to have a good reputation over there.
                      I wouldn't worry about it until you get the chance of listening to it controlling your system.

I spoke with a local installer in Florida, and they sounded fairly competant about calibrating in-home systems. You may also want to contact those in your area. To find them, first go to the Classe website, find the locate dealers section and enter your zip code. The custom installers will be the ones you will want to contact.

If you don't see any listed, you might want to email Classe to see if they have any suggestions for people that may be able to work with their products in your area.

Comment

• beden1
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Oct 2006

I did the search on Classe website for dealers, and there is only one listed in Arizona. I can't believe there is only one dealer in the entire state? This economy is getting very bad!
                        MODIA
                        21001 North Tatum Blvd
                        Phoenix, AZ 85054

Phone: 480-515-0565

Comment

• AV-OCD
                          • Aug 2008

No, the acoustician would not necessarily have to be familiar with Classe, the 5 bands of EQ are standard PEQ. Though it would help if they new how the SSP-800 set-up works, since you can assign a different set of EQs to each of the 6 configurations.

It would have been nice if the SSP-800 had a few more filters per channel though and some different filter shapes, like a couple of shelf filters. (Shelf filters raise all frequencies above or below a certain cut-off point, similar to the way bass and treble controls work.)

Comment

• beden1
                            Super Senior Member
                            • Oct 2006

The Denon website has several custom installers listed in your area. One of them carries Krell. http://www.usa.denon.com/1713.asp?se...mageField.y=13

Check some of the other manufacturers' dealer lists like Krell, McIntosh, etc. to see what comes up in the search.

Comment

• Nolan B
                              Super Senior Member
                              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by skuzzyb
                              There is an IR port on the back, but if Classe implemented it the same way as they did in the SSP600, which from all indications they have, you will need a Delta IR interface box. Most IRs are idle low, active high, however, the Classe implements this the exact opposite so you will need the interface box to invert the signal, then it becomes an idle high, active low. Once this goes on it works like a charm, and a lot more reliable than an emitter on the front. You should be able to get a Delta IR box from your dealer or from Classe service for free.

skz
                              thanks...how big is it?

Comment

• AV-OCD
                                • Aug 2008

thanks...how big is it?
                                I'm using the IR port on the back of the SSP-800 without any sort of adaptor. See my post just before Skuzzy's.

Comment

• Nolan B
                                  Super Senior Member
                                  • Sep 2005

I'm using the IR port on the back of the SSP-800 without any sort of adaptor. See my post just before Skuzzy's.

missed that ..great :T

Comment

• Gump
                                    • Sep 2005

Originally posted by beden1
                                    I did the search on Classe website for dealers, and there is only one listed in Arizona. I can't believe there is only one dealer in the entire state? This economy is getting very bad!
                                    MODIA
                                    21001 North Tatum Blvd
                                    Phoenix, AZ 85054

Phone: 480-515-0565
                                    Actually, the economy is even worse than you thought, cause this is the dealer that I had been patronizing and is now out of business here in AZ. (I guess I wasn't buying enough stuff there, although my wife would quickly argue that point!) They packed their goods and skee-daddled out of town back to Texas which is where they originated. That leaves ZERO Classe dealers here currently :E (unless they re-opened recently and I am not aware of it).

There is a few other hi-end dealers here that carry McIntosh, Krell, Linn, etc.. I'll check with them and see what they say.

Of course I'll set the 800 up and see how it sounds before making any decisions about outside help. Knowing my curious nature though, I will probably be wondering how tweaking the EQ would improve the sound regardless of how good it is initially.

Thanks for doing the research for me, I'll check out those sites.

Neil

Comment

• beden1
                                      Super Senior Member
                                      • Oct 2006

Neil,

That is amazing in what was one of the fastest growing areas in the US, to not have one Classe dealer.

One of the dealers in SE Florida is now gone also. That still leaves a few, but for how long?

Too bad they didn't have some big sales before closing their doors.
                                      Last edited by beden1; 06 October 2008, 09:15 Monday.

Comment

• garak
                                        • Jul 2007

Decided to join the party

I'd just like to say I'm a proud new owner of an SSP-800. :T

I had initially planned to wait for the dual DSP board to be in production before buying. However, I was in SoCal for the weekend, and being one of those Arizona refugees without a Classe dealer, I decided to stop by a dealer there to inquire about the 800.

As it turned out, the dealer had an 800 sitting in his stock room. He said the unit had been pre-ordered, but the person who placed the order had to go to Europe for a couple months and decided not to buy it.

I couldn't resist, and just let it sit there, so picked it up. I also ordered a CA-5200, which should hopefully be here in a week and a half.

Hopefully, this will cure my upgraditis for a while. ops:

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
                                          Super Senior Member
                                          • Mar 2006

Any experienced and qualified acoustician can handle PEQs, so there is no requirement that he be familiar with Classe, in specific. In fact, having multiple setups with individual EQ settings is very desirable and not too uncommon.

Kal
                                          Kal Rubinson

Comment

• rogerdn
                                            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Kal Rubinson
                                            Any experienced and qualified acoustician can handle PEQs, so there is no requirement that he be familiar with Classe, in specific. In fact, having multiple setups with individual EQ settings is very desirable and not too uncommon.

Kal
                                            Kal,

What is the rational for having several EQ set ups for the same listening room ?

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
                                              Super Senior Member
                                              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by rogerdn
                                              Kal,

What is the rational for having several EQ set ups for the same listening room ?
                                              Some people prefer to have different bass balance for HT and music. I use different EQ Summer and Winter because opening the windows in my listening room makes a big difference in the sound. Some find that an HT is acoustically different with one person than it is with 6. Etc.

Kal
                                              Kal Rubinson

Comment

• skuzzyb
                                                • Mar 2006

Missed that as well. ops:

It is good to hear that it is a standard implementation as the Delta IR box also needed power to it. When I finally decide to upgrade that is one less interface to worry about. Do you know if the IR codes have remained the same from the SSP600?

Comment

• Hberg
                                                  • Apr 2008

It is good to hear that it is a standard implementation as the Delta IR box also needed power to it. When I finally decide to upgrade that is one less interface to worry about. Do you know if the IR codes have remained the same from the SSP600?
                                                  Classe has published a list of IR and Hex codes in there Software Download section.

Classé SSP-800-IR_CODES_v1 24.pdf (22.33K, 10/2/2008 3:44:20 PM)

"If 'A' equals success, then the formula is 'A = _ X + Y + Z.' 'X' is work. 'Y' is play. 'Z' is keeping your mouth shut." -- Albert Einstein

Comment

• sikoniko
                                                    Super Senior Member
                                                    • Aug 2003

I have a logitech Harmony 1 and I used the programming for an SSP-600 to set it up, because that was what Logitech offered. generally speaking, most everything works. I did find some inconsistencies with specific settings, like changing processing modes, for example.

Comment

• Gump
                                                      • Sep 2005

Kal
                                                      Thanks Kal!

Comment

• skuzzyb
                                                        • Mar 2006

I have a logitech Harmony 1 and I used the programming for an SSP-600 to set it up, because that was what Logitech offered. generally speaking, most everything works. I did find some inconsistencies with specific settings, like changing processing modes, for example.
                                                        The nice thing about Classe was that they provided a PCF file for the 600, I then just imported it into my Philips Pronto and it worked like a charm. No dodgy codes to worry about, no Hex codes to convert, and it has been 100% reliable. Hope they make something like that available for the 800.

Comment

• hifiguymi
                                                          Super Senior Member
                                                          • Mar 2007

The nice thing about Classe was that they provided a PCF file for the 600, I then just imported it into my Philips Pronto and it worked like a charm. No dodgy codes to worry about, no Hex codes to convert, and it has been 100% reliable. Hope they make something like that available for the 800.
                                                          With a Pronto, you can just set the RC6 codes for each button. That is the best way (meaning most reliable) to do it with that remote. It's really easy to do as well.

Eric

Comment

• wettou
                                                            Ultra Senior Member
                                                            • May 2006

Harmony One will take care of it!

Any news of RebelMan or did he just decide not to share anymore
                                                            Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• Minardi2
                                                              • May 2007

With all due respect to RebelMan and the others on this thread, why the over the top anticipation for his review? Is his opinion any more valuable than any of the others on this board that offer intelligent, well thought out commentary? Will his review, and his review only, sway you one way or the other?

I suggest you relax, let it go. Listen to one for yourself, make an informed judgement, whatever that is. RM will get to it when he gets to it.

Comment

• Oddiophile
                                                                • Jul 2008

Hi all,

The manual (Version 3.1) for the SSP-800 is now available at:

Congratulations to all the SSP-800 owners. I will audition one as soon as my dealer in Edmonton (Premier Audio) has one free. I will make a decision in the new year after the upgrade chip is made available.

Jim

Comment

• wettou
                                                                  Ultra Senior Member
                                                                  • May 2006

Originally posted by Minardi2
                                                                  With all due respect to RebelMan and the others on this thread, why the over the top anticipation for his review? Is his opinion any more valuable than any of the others on this board that offer intelligent, well thought out commentary? Will his review, and his review only, sway you one way or the other? I suggest you relax, let it go. Listen to one for yourself, make an informed judgment, whatever that is. RM will get to it when he gets to it.
                                                                  Agreed ,I went to listen to the SSP-800 and liked it. I like to read from other users who spend considerable amount of time so may be I can learn something about features and problems that I don't know about . When time comes to make the purchase I listen for myself rather than get everyones opinion.
                                                                  Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• Hberg
                                                                    • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Minardi2
                                                                    With all due respect to RebelMan and the others on this thread, why the over the top anticipation for his review? Is his opinion any more valuable than any of the others on this board that offer intelligent, well thought out commentary? Will his review, and his review only, sway you one way or the other?

I suggest you relax, let it go. Listen to one for yourself, make an informed judgement, whatever that is. RM will get to it when he gets to it.
                                                                    Minardi2:

You have a valid point. Even though I have the SSP-800 and I am thoroughly enjoying it, I am curious as to others impressions. Although I am looking forward to RebelMan's review of the SSP-800, I have appreciated the input of others as well.

Each person has a different ear, and their descriptive evaluation of the SSP-800 are different in style. My initial written evaluation was much shorter than most, and I am almost to the end of the 300 hour "break-in" period. Others have offered a much more detailed detail description of their first impressions, and I have appreciated their written evaluation.

Honestly, I think one reason people have been wondering about RebelMan's evaluation of the SSP-800 is that he initially described the unit in such great detail based upon the specs, and he protrayed a strong value statement for the potential of the SSP-800 based upon those specs.

Don't get me wrong. I think RebelMan's (and others) value statement for the SSP-800 and Classe' were right on target. It is just that now I think some of us are just curious as to his detailed evaluation of the SSP-800 after it has gone through the "break-in" period.
                                                                    "If 'A' equals success, then the formula is 'A = _ X + Y + Z.' 'X' is work. 'Y' is play. 'Z' is keeping your mouth shut." -- Albert Einstein

Comment

• AV-OCD
                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                      • Aug 2008

I agree and would like to hear RM's thoughts on the SSP-800 if only to see if his experiences correlate with mine and to get a broad sampling of opinions. I'm also curious to know if he actually experienced any changes in the sound of the unit after break-in.

Comment

• sikoniko
                                                                        Super Senior Member
                                                                        • Aug 2003

I also like to hear others opinions and see/read if they share my experience/opinion. I've also found that others can put to words things that I am experiencing that I am unable to explain.

I'm very excited to see/read magazine reviews and find out if the "pros" share my [our] opinion. The SSP-800 is a benchmark... no a reference piece IMO and I anticipate that many people are anxiously looking at it (wettou - it's time to get off the pot). Look at the growth this club has enjoyed since the SSP-800 has hit the market!

If it isn't considered speaking for RM, I can tell you I know he is working diligently on his review and wants it to be thorough and live up to the expectations that are set. He is a bit anal in that way.

Comment

• wer4ccsn
                                                                          Member
                                                                          • Apr 2008

SSP-800 and iTunes

Hi to all -
                                                                          I have a little over 210GB of uncompressed music files (AIFF), and I am using a Power Mac G5 and iTunes as a music server. The Mac computer has a 3.5mm Miniature phone jack, analog audio output (line out), and the SSP-800 has an L2 and R2 ports in the analog audio in section. I ‘m using a 3.5mm miniature cable that connects in the back of the computer and the other end is terminated with two RCA’s that connects to the back of the SSP-800. I have configured the SSP-800 so with the press of the Fkey4 from the SSP-800 remote control I can listen to SACD CD’s and regular CD’s from iTunes in my power Mac G5, so my questions are: Is this a good setup? Is this the better way to listen uncompressed music through the SSP-800 and iTunes? How about SACD Music? I have a small collection of SACD CD’s and have these files stored in iTunes as well. I want to hear the quality of SACD music through the SSP-800! Listening to SACD/CD music is better this way, or just put a SACD/CD directly on the PS3/Rotel? I have been thinking about Wadia music server and iPod touch but there is not enough storage in the current iPod touch! :cry: In addition, I wanted to take advantage of the SSP-800 quality DACS. From your experience what is the ultimate and best option to listen to quality music? My setup consisted of the SSP-800, CA-5200, Rotel RCC-1055 CD player, PS3 (can play SACD) and 703’s speakers. I hope I explained it right and understandable. :roll: Any recommendations/advice will be very much appreciated! ;x(
                                                                          Thank you.
                                                                          Carlos

Comment

• sikoniko
                                                                            Super Senior Member
                                                                            • Aug 2003
                                                                            • 2299

Originally posted by wer4ccsn
                                                                            Hi to all -
                                                                            I have a little over 210GB of uncompressed music files (AIFF), and I am using a Power Mac G5 and iTunes as a music server. The Mac computer has a 3.5mm Miniature phone jack, analog audio output (line out), and the SSP-800 has an L2 and R2 ports in the analog audio in section. I ‘m using a 3.5mm miniature cable that connects in the back of the computer and the other end is terminated with two RCA’s that connects to the back of the SSP-800. I have configured the SSP-800 so with the press of the Fkey4 from the SSP-800 remote control I can listen to SACD CD’s and regular CD’s from iTunes in my power Mac G5, so my questions are: Is this a good setup? Is this the better way to listen uncompressed music through the SSP-800 and iTunes? How about SACD Music? I have a small collection of SACD CD’s and have these files stored in iTunes as well. I want to hear the quality of SACD music through the SSP-800! Listening to SACD/CD music is better this way, or just put a SACD/CD directly on the PS3/Rotel? I have been thinking about Wadia music server and iPod touch but there is not enough storage in the current iPod touch! :cry: In addition, I wanted to take advantage of the SSP-800 quality DACS. From your experience what is the ultimate and best option to listen to quality music? My setup consisted of the SSP-800, CA-5200, Rotel RCC-1055 CD player, PS3 (can play SACD) and 703’s speakers. I hope I explained it right and understandable. :roll: Any recommendations/advice will be very much appreciated! ;x(
                                                                            Thank you.
                                                                            Carlos
                                                                            You should use a digital connection (coax or optical) from the laptop instead of analog cables. You should get better results.

As far as SACD, let me know when you find a solution.

Comment

• AV-OCD
                                                                              Senior Member
                                                                              • Aug 2008
                                                                              • 568

Originally posted by wer4ccsn
                                                                              Hi to all -
                                                                              Thank you.
                                                                              Carlos
                                                                              On many Mac's the 3.5mm phono jack doubles as a optical digital connection.

You need one of these:

or one of these:
                                                                              Find the best headphones, speakers and home audio. 365-day returns, free shipping over $100 and legendary customer service!

For SACD use your PS3, as iTunes will down-rez the recording which defeats the purpose.

Comment

• wettou
                                                                                Ultra Senior Member
                                                                                • May 2006
                                                                                • 3389

The SSP-800 is a benchmark... no a reference piece IMO and I anticipate that many people are anxiously looking at it (wettou - it's time to get off the pot). Look at the growth this club has enjoyed since the SSP-800 has hit the market!
                                                                                Be polite, :smootch:

I will get off when Classé delivers the SSP-800 with the new upgraded board that can deliver the new Codec DTS Master Audio and Dolby Digital True HD. Until then, I will stay on the pot :B. Of course you are welcome to buy a unit now and that way I don't have to worry about losing money if it is never ugraded, which as per Classé statement: "We are 100% committed to the DSP upgrade but the important thing to remember is that it is not absolutely urgent....."

In addition, since I already experienced a manufacturer promesses "Integra Research RDC 7.1" saying an upgrade will come in the near Future that never materialized I will stay cautious.

In the meantime enjoy

Comment

• sikoniko
                                                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                                                  • Aug 2003
                                                                                  • 2299

Originally posted by wettou
                                                                                  Be polite, :smootch:

I will get off when Classé delivers the SSP-800 with the new upgraded board that can deliver the new Codec DTS Master Audio and Dolby Digital True HD. Until then, I will stay on the pot :B. Of course you are welcome to buy a unit now and that way I don't have to worry about losing money if it is never ugraded, which as per Classé statement: "We are 100% committed to the DSP upgrade but the important thing to remember is that it is not absolutely urgent....."

In addition, since I already experienced a manufacturer promesses "Integra Research RDC 7.1" saying an upgrade will come in the near Future that never materialized I will stay cautious.

In the meantime enjoy

all in good fun... all in good fun. no harm meant. :W

I am curious though, are you basically holding out on principle that they deliver on the promise to upgrade the DSP more so than what it can offer?

Have you considered that when the chip does come out, if you buy the proc, you may regret holding out all this time?

Comment

• AV-OCD
                                                                                    Senior Member
                                                                                    • Aug 2008
                                                                                    • 568

Wettou -

Why not just buy a player that does the decoding for HD audio internally to tie you over until the SSP-800 is upgraded. I do this with a PS3 and it works wonderfully. In fact, I really don't care if the DSP upgrade ever comes as i don't need it.

- Tim

Comment

• wer4ccsn
                                                                                      Member
                                                                                      • Apr 2008
                                                                                      • 50

On many Mac's the 3.5mm phono jack doubles as a optical digital connection.

You need one of these:

or one of these:
                                                                                      Find the best headphones, speakers and home audio. 365-day returns, free shipping over $100 and legendary customer service!

For SACD use your PS3, as iTunes will down-rez the recording which defeats the purpose.
                                                                                      Hello AV-OCD
                                                                                      Thank you for your help and a quick reply ;x( . I was going to jump and go for the Mini to Toslink cable but taken a closer look at the back of the Desktop, I noticed that I have a free Optical Digital Audio out Port, so I was thinking to go for the Toslink to Toslink cable instead. Which way yields better performance? going Mini to Toslink or Toslink to Toslink? I know it is a dump question and you already answer my question in the first place, :cry: but I just want to make sure I am doing it the right way. You mention something that on Mac’s the 3.5mm phono jack doubles as optical digital connection. What is that means? My apologies in advance for my completely ignorance on this subject. ops: Thanks again
                                                                                      Carlos

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
                                                                                        Super Senior Member
                                                                                        • Mar 2006
                                                                                        • 2109

As far as SACD, let me know when you find a solution.
                                                                                        Get an Oppo 980, set it to output PCM via HDMI and connect that to the SSP-800.

Kal
                                                                                        Kal Rubinson
                                                                                        _______________________________
                                                                                        "Music in the Round"
                                                                                        Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile
                                                                                        http://forum.stereophile.com/category/music-round

Comment

• sikoniko
                                                                                          Super Senior Member
                                                                                          • Aug 2003
                                                                                          • 2299

Get an Oppo 980, set it to output PCM via HDMI and connect that to the SSP-800.

Kal

Thats what I've done. But I'd like to think that one day a media server could decode sacd/dvd-a...

Comment

• wettou
                                                                                            Ultra Senior Member
                                                                                            • May 2006
                                                                                            • 3389

Get an Oppo 980, set it to output PCM via HDMI and connect that to the SSP-800.Kal
                                                                                            The new sony SCD-XA5400ES looks really nice to an bit more money but for SCAD it looks cool:T

Comment

Working...
                                                                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                            Search Result for "|||"