X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KRC
    • Aug 2004

Receiver as an amp

I have an opportunity to purchase an SSP 300 but cant't afford the matching CA 5100 at the same time. I would like to get the processor now to solve alot of switching issues I have with my present HT receiver (Arcam AVR 200). Presently my receiver does not have jacks for component video, so I have to run the component video from their sources to my LCD TV which means fideling with remotes to select proper inputs on the TV etc etc. So my priority is the processor to sort all this out. So for cost saving I would like to use my present receiver as a 5 channel amp (I know I can hear it now, sound quality, performance.....). After going through the owners manual, I know it can be used as a stand alone preamp and it can be combined with another amp to bi-amp but can it be used just as an amp? If it can, is it just the normal wiring from the SSp 300, nothing changes there?

Kevin
  • Glen B
    Super Senior Member
    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by KRC
    but can it be used just as an amp?
    Kevin
    Yes, you have inputs for the 5 channels plus sub.

Comment

• KRC
      • Aug 2004

Dumb question, but five interconnects from processior to Arcam receiver and then sub from processor to sub input as usual. I presume that way I would still have control function from the processor. While doing this, is there any benefit of using different price points of interconnects for these five cables (ie main L/R use top of the line cable, centre would be a little less and the surrounds would be a "Good" cable or should all five be the same quality.

Kevin

Comment

• Nolan B
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by KRC
        Dumb question, but five interconnects from processior to Arcam receiver and then sub from processor to sub input as usual. I presume that way I would still have control function from the processor. While doing this, is there any benefit of using different price points of interconnects for these five cables (ie main L/R use top of the line cable, centre would be a little less and the surrounds would be a "Good" cable or should all five be the same quality.

Kevin

Ideally all 5 shoould be the same. I would invest in some decent cables. Have a look at the CAT cable silvercats.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"