X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • akcrusier
    • Jan 2009

Usher MTM Question

I have been lurking on this site for a few months while I have been building an amplifier. Now that my amplifier is almost done I think that it is about time to start thinking about building a pair of speakers. I have a fairly large room (about 8000 cubic feet) and like to listen to music (classical mostly) and watch movies at decent volume. I have about a 1000 dollar budget for the drivers and crossover. I had wanted to build Zaph's ZRT 2.5 ways for quite a long time but the cost of the drivers in them sort of puts them outside my price range at this time. After looking some at his testing I realized that the Usher woofers measure almost as well at half the cost. While looking on parts express at the Usher 8945P I came across this web site.http://www.geocities.com/woove99/Spkrbldg/ and found the Usher Peerless HDS MTM. Since I do not know enough about speaker building to evaluate the crossover and I can not find anyone on the net who has used one of this gentlemen's designs I was wondering if anyone else could comment on them. Is there any disadvantage to an MTM 2 way when compared to the TMM 2.5 way as was used in the ZRT design?

P.S. These speakers would only have to play from about 60hz and up as I have a very capable sub to handle the low frequencies.
  • ---k---
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Nov 2005

You should ask your question on Part's Express's Tech Talk. He frequents there and will be able to help you.

Unfortunately, when he was first starting out, Jay offended many people here and is banned. Discussion of his designs is also not allowed.

Thomas will shortly lock this thread.
    - Ryan

CJD Ochocinco! ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
    CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
    CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center

Comment

• ThomasW
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Since the many were being penalized for the sins of a few, the rules regarding kit speaker discussions are being revised. Anyone wanting to start a discussion regarding a specific kit speaker needs to PM me with a request and info about the content they intend to post. I'll give a thumbs up or down to that request based on
      Last edited by theSven; 17 August 2023, 01:16 Thursday. Reason: Update htguide url

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"