X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mazeroth
    • Nov 2004

Good deal on Cen-Tech SPL meter

I found this link while browsing another audio site for the Cen-Tech (rebranded Radio Shack) SPL meter. Came out to $27.99 with shipping for me with the free bag. Read the whole thread before ordering if you want to get the free bag. Supposedly the coupon for the free bag only works if you spend over $60 but some guys are calling in and still getting it.

• servicetech
    • Sep 2007

I love HFT, we have 2 stores in our city.

Comment

• JonP
      • Apr 2006

Is that what the RS meters look like now? I thought the analog ones weren't available for a few years...

I have a analog RS meter, bought about 4 yrs ago.
      It looks very close, but not exactly the same. Dial was larger, with a "backlit" (just visible not lit) active number appearing under the dial. So, not exactly the same moulded case and dial. Mic end piece looks a bit different, too, not just the color difference.

Now, who cares about the case, is the actual meter circuit the same inside? Or, just any good? Could be a clone, (that happens alot overseas) or not. The only way to really know, would be to measure the meter performance.

The RS meter wasn't all that linear, and hey, what do we want for basic testing? As long as it's pretty accurate over most of the audio range, it'll be a deal...

A PS on that... It was a closeout sale or something at RS, I paid about $40 or so for mine back then...

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"