X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

DCX2496 software display, question...

I'm having difficulty getting the program display screen to fully open so I can run the software.

Dennis H posted this view

Click image for larger version

Name:	DCX2496.jpg
Views:	2703
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	869051

The only window I'm able to get is shown below. The window has no controls to resize it. Right clicking in the window does nothing. There are no controls on the sides or lower corner of the pane to drag the window bigger. This is the current version of the software downloaded from the Behringer website this AM

The PC is running XP Pro with a 22" Samsung SyncMaster 225bw display, resolution is set to 1680X1050

Any assistance would be appreciated.
    Last edited by theSven; 21 August 2023, 12:08 Monday. Reason: Update image location

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson
  • Davey
    • Jan 2003

Interesting. Maybe the font size in your display properties? (The font on the top row looks incorrect to me.)

I just changed my font size to "extra large" and it looks just like yours. That must be it.

That's my best guess. Hope that helps.

Dave.

Comment

• augerpro
      Super Senior Member
      • Aug 2006

Do you use the "classic" desktop? Maybe that style is incompatible with that DCX program. I found that would happen with some programs until I just switched to the normal XP desktop.
      ~Brandon 8O
      Please donate to my Waveguides for CNC and 3D Printing Project!!
      Please donate to my Monster Box Construction Methods Project!!
      DriverVault
      Soma Sonus

Comment

• ThomasW
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Yep it's the Classic desktop but going to the newer one doesn't change anything.

Davey got me where I needed to go. I'm using normal fonts in the display properities but have the advanced display DPI settings to 'large'. Putting that to normal solves the problem, but now I need my bi-focals to see the read text. Getting old sucks ..... :roll:

Thanks guys.... :T

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Davey
          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by ThomasW
          but now I need my bi-focals to see the read text. Getting old sucks ..... :roll:
          Tell me about it!

Comment

• Dennis H
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Aug 2002

Well Thomas, that's what you get for using one of those newfangled hi-rez displays. I'm still using an ancient 21" CRT that does the moire thing if you go above 1024x768 even though its electronics can handle much higher. Actually, I have 3 of them, all different brands, and they all look best at 1024x768 with standard-size Windows fonts. Go figure.

Comment

• Forte_II
              • May 2007

Thomas, I know blind guy on video! I used to be able to see back when I started playing with comps. 1680 is hard for lots of people. 1024 or 1280 is much easier on the eyes. and I don't think you will see much difference in PQ. You don't have to run a LCD at its native resalution to look good. Actually as your vision gets worse just lower res. I was down to 640x480 before I went to a screen magnafier. From what I have read most programs are laidout for 1024 anyway.

Comment

• Hdale85
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Jan 2006

Actually you should leave the res the same but change your dot pitch. That way you get the quality of high resolution but you also get your big icons/text. It's in the display settings somewhere.

Comment

• chasw98
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Jan 2006

When did you get a 2496? And what are you going to do with it? Curious minds want to know.

Comment

• ThomasW
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2000

Originally posted by chasw98
                    When did you get a 2496? And what are you going to do with it? Curious minds want to know.
                    Sorry no secret projects hiding in the wings...

I brought it in for SpeakerCamp II, in case we didn't have time to build the Isiris passive XO. Since we did finish the passive the DCX was just sitting here gathering dust. So I thought now would be a good time to learn how to use it, rather than waiting until 10 minutes before it was needed.

Once I figure it out (CraigJ has been most helpful with this) I'll try it compared the Isiris passive design just for fun.

Since there doesn't appear to be an "Idiots Guide to the DCX2496", I'll probably write one, to help 'idiots' like myself....

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

• chasw98
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Jan 2006

One feature you should try out is using the mic input in the rear to 'auto align' the system you are using. See what happens. Here is an excerpt from the manual.

"With the AUTO ALIGN function you can delay the output signal automatically by a certain amount, so as to eliminate phase cancellations caused by speaker alignment."

I do not know what the end result would be if you did this with a 'hybrid' like an Arvo where the low mid crossed active and the mid high was passive. The auto align might try to align the mid high section to the woofer and really muck it up. Have fun with it.

PS - There is a yahoo group devoted to the 2496 and DIYaudio has a long, old thread going about its functionality.

Comment

• ThomasW
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Aug 2000

I'm a member of the Yahoo group and have read the DIYaudo thread, neither have much for the absolute n00b....

To date Monte Kaye's website is the most helpful, just copying the settings helps the learning curve...

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

• chasw98
                          Super Senior Member
                          • Jan 2006

This is where you get your sweep generator and your oscilloscope out and watch what happens as you play with filters, better yet a spectrum analyzer (call jon, he probably has one lying around). I agree that the yahoo group and DIY didn't have much hands on stuff, but I did find it helpful to use the generator and scope to build frequency responses out of the little toolbox that a 2496 is. I think you can do this using TrueRTA as well. Might be a little easier to just sit at the kitchen table by the glow of the monitor and mess with the knobs!

Comment

• Davey
                            • Jan 2003

Thomas,

Once you start fiddling you'll get the hang of it quickly. It's pretty intuitive. Give me a holler if I can help you in any way.

You should never need to operate any of the front panel controls. The GUI is much more convenient.

Oops, I lied. There is one time you will have to operate a control on the front panel and that's when you decide to use the delay settings. That function has to enabled (one time only) on the front panel and then it's good to go.

Dave.

Comment

• ttan98
                              • Mar 2007

ThomasW,

You have started to experiment with using DCX, maybe you like to report to us what you have found, in term of comparing DCX with passive components?

A summary of what you found would be interesting.

cheers.

Comment

Working...
                              Searching...Please wait.
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                              Search Result for "|||"