X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Amphiprion
    • Apr 2006

Shop Bot on New Yankee Workshop

I think I saw a Shop Bot CNC router on the PBS show New Yankee Workshop today when Norm visited a wooden sign making company. It sure looked like one, and when asked the price the owner responded "a little over ten thousand". Sounds like a Shop Bot to me. Anyway, I'd heard discussion about this unit before on this forum, so I just wanted to let any interested folks know about it. The episode name was "Carved Wooden Signs".
  • WillyD
    • Feb 2006

Have you seen those DIY CNC machine forums?

Those guys are serious. It'd be so sweet to have one of those.

Comment

• Hank
      Super Senior Member
      • Jul 2002

I checked out a forum and the web site of a company that sells parts and a PC program. I'm trying to talk my recently retired buddy into splitting the cost of one. Now if el Nino had some money to invest...

Comment

• ThomasW
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

As long as one doesn't mind first entering everything into a CAD program, then exporting that to the Shopbot system I think they'd be really cool.

5yrs or so I checked them out and playing with the software it would take me longer to create the CAD drawing for each part than it would to just cut it with normal shop tools. Were one making dozens of the same part they'd be really great...

Mark,

You might find interesting...

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Amphiprion
          • Apr 2006

Wow, that guy had some time on his hands

Comment

• layertone
            • Jul 2006

first post!
            ThomasW,
            I've actually looked around for over 6 years, finally got a Techno LC series (49x97) 2 years ago... http://www.techno-isel.com/CNC_Route...NC_Routers.htm. Felt restricted because of my old existing tools: table saw, hand router, jigsaw, etc...

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"