X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ergo
    • Mar 2005

Shop talk - projects to help make other (audio) projects

Beginning of this month I was in US again and brought back some guide rails for a sled and a Freud P410 blade for the saw.
    Today I finally finished my cross-cut sled attempt for my DeWalt DWE7491.

Used some of the leftover stripes of the bamboo from Minerva box build. I decided to use the MicroJig Zeroplay plastic rail guides as the workshop is not heated and thus it gets freezing in there over winter. So the hardwood rails would probably be too tight or loose depending on time of year.

I also added an extra cut in front fence. It allows adding a piece for extending the fence length, but also when not using the extension it creates a good tactile safety indication where the hands are still safe in relation to the blade.

Click image for larger version

Name:	sled_back.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	872220Click image for larger version

Name:	sled_front.jpg
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	872221Click image for larger version

Name:	sled_guide_bar.jpg
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	872222Click image for larger version

Name:	extension.jpg
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	872223Click image for larger version

Name:	hands.jpg
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	872224

Also installed the Freud P410 blade which does make very nice clean cuts with bamboo ply, birch ply and mdf.

Next up for workshop projects is an outfeed table for the same saw.
  • Carl V
    • Apr 2005

8)8)

Good work

Comment

• Steve Manning
      • Dec 2006

Looking good Ergo .... that will come in handy building those Ardents.
      Hold on to your butts - It's about to get Musical!

Comment

• ergo
        • Mar 2005

I did some vacuum fittings as a simple practice before getting into the waveguide 3D printing. This really is super wonderful to be able to finally easy fit my vacuum to table-saw or circular saw etc. Much more elegant than using the duct-tape solutions.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dewalt_vac_pieces.jpg
Size:	157.8 KB
ID:	863222Click image for larger version

Name:	Dewalt_jobsite_saw_2.jpg
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	863223Click image for larger version

Name:	Mafell_fitting.jpg
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	863224Click image for larger version

Name:	AEG_orbital_piece.jpg
Size:	286.0 KB
ID:	863225

Comment

• TEK
          Super Senior Member
          • Oct 2002

Hmm, those are 3D printed? That’s really cool!
          Another reason why I should get myself a 3D printer - and at the same time the prices seems
          to keep falling. I’m getting closer and closer to pressing that «buy» button
          -TEK

Many of the great achievements of the world were accomplished by tired and discouraged men who kept on working...

Comment

• technodanvan
            Super Senior Member
            • Nov 2009

Originally posted by TEK
            Hmm, those are 3D printed? That’s really cool!
            Another reason why I should get myself a 3D printer - and at the same time the prices seems
            to keep falling. I’m getting closer and closer to pressing that «buy» button
            You aren't the only one man. I just wonder if I'd have the patience to learn CAD all over again. Seems worth it though!
            - Danny

Comment

• ergo
              • Mar 2005

And these are all made with "Draft" quality of 0.3mm layer. So a normal 0.2 would be smoother yet and then there is fine with 0.15mm layer. For these the Draft setting was just fine. Approx times of smaller ones was 2.5h and bigger Y adapter some 4.2h. But these types of one off-s thats not bad.

There are even cheaper models but I went for http://www.prusa3d.com

Also have a 4 material Multi Material upgrade waiting for assembly that arrived last week. I can then load few colors + water soluble support material. For Waveguide prints that might be needed in some cases.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"