Upgrading my amp to a ADA1200 for my brahma 15 (house)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fox Hunter
    • Jul 2005

Upgrading my amp to a ADA1200 for my brahma 15 (house)

I Have a brahma 15 mark II sub powerd by a cheap 360Watt Amp in a 7cu foot tuned to 18hz box. I have Adire ADA 1200 Amp coming and am building a 2cu foot seald box. Any thought on if this is to small, should i stuff it with polly? Will heat be a issue in the sealed box? I read that some of you keep the amp outside the box. Nice idea btw I already have the the cut out for the amp in the box but can alway close it up. The amp has a Linkwitz transformer on it to should I be doing anything with it or will it not make a larg diff.

Any thoughts would be great
    The amp sould e here in a few days ill let you guys know how it turns out.
    Thanks for your time
  • Bent
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2003

Sorry if I mis-understand here,
    you say you have the L-T installed already without having measured the ADA 1200 driving it? I ask because I am under the impression that to utilize the L-T portion of the ADA 1200 (and all the ADA series, for that matter), that the driver should be tested in-box and the results used to determine the values of the components you install on the PCB pads that are in the ADA already. I guess there is a chance that you know the response characteristics of the driver as installed in your box already, and if that is the case, I must appologize. If not, then attempting to utillize the L-T provisions on the ADA (without thorough fore-thought) could result in damageing your driver.

Comment

• Fox Hunter
      • Jul 2005

No i dont have the ADA yet im trying to get some good info befor i get it. I know what the L-T dose but but no clue on setting it up right. Going to make sure I know what i'm doing befor i mess with it. (If i ever do) Any thoughts on the box size?

Ty for the fast reply

sub specs here

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"