X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lurkalot
    • Dec 2005

Adire ADA1200 Query

Hello,

I just had my ADA1200 repaired today at a cost of $168.00; the output transistors were all replaced. This amp literally had less than 3 hours of use on it before it quit working. I had turned it on the sixth time when I heard a small pop and it quit. The technician appeared less than confident when I asked him if it should be fine from now on, and said "if it happens again" he may add a component to it as added protection...

My question is if any of you own or have knowledge of these units, and if so, have they been lemons? I paid a good deal of money for this when I bought it new, and built my enclosure around it, so I hope I did not make a poor chocie here...

Thanks ,

Bruce
  • Carl V
    • Apr 2005

I've had good luck with mine (2) with 2 Tumults. Poped a fuse once.

Sorry to hear of your misadventure.

Comment

• ThomasW
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

The only person I know having problems was Bent. His died after working a few years. IIRC he paid someone local to repair it and it's worked fine since.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• cjd
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Dec 2004

My mom insists something is wrong with her sub (Tumult + ADA1200) - I have it in my garage currently and am unable to find any issue with it whatsoever, aside from some rattling inside when I really crank it up (probably wires...) It's been used quite a bit in the two or three years she's had it.
        diVine Sound - my DIY speaker designs at diVine Audio

Comment

• Carl V
          • Apr 2005

your Mom's Tumult sub :P .....if my Mom read this
          I'm in trouble. I built her 2 sealed 75L Shiva subs
          with the old Hypex 200 watt amps. Never a lick
          of problems.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"