X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bent
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2003

ADA 1200 rumble filter

The folks at Adire tech support have indicated to me that my ADA 1200 sub amp is equiped with a rumble filter set at 1.8 Hz. They said that by paralleling a pair of 11k resistors in the R48 and R51 positions (which should be 100K in each, as per OEM spec) should result in the cut-off frequency coming up to 18 Hz. My sub (you guys know the one) is tuned to 18 Hz, so bass material below that allows the enclosure to "not" provide damping below that frequency. Iv'e heard the sound my tinsel leads make on the BP 1503 when being pulled taught, and don't want it to happen too many more times. [cringe]. 18 Hz may not necessarily be the exact cut-out frequency I want, and I don't wish for the rumble filter to interfere with the parametric eq the amp comes with.

I know I should know this, but I'd like some confirmation. the equiavalent resitance (calculated in my head) of a 11k and a 100 k in parallel should be about 10 k ohms, right, so if I wanted an adjustable rumble filter, for values of say the OEM number of 1.8 k, on up to 18 hz, what value of dual wound pot would I install in place of the two 100 k resistors, and would it be wise to leave a resistor parralelled with the pot so that there is lass chance of there ever being an open cct across the pot's wiper?
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"