built-in LT circuit on the ADA-1200 amp?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kramskoi
    • Jan 2006

built-in LT circuit on the ADA-1200 amp?

Anyone with experience using the built-in LT circuit on the ADA series amps by Adire Audio?

I'm under the impression that this is a stuffing procedure as opposed to a soldering one. Is this correct?

Are the resistors and capacitors supplied with the amps?

Thanks
    :T
    ...our brains and nervous systems constitute a belief-generating machine, a system that evolved to assure not truth, logic, and reason, but survival...

2x15" TC Sounds .45Q sealed
    M. Boutte HT
    3x15" @ 10 Hz
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Page 11

I'm under the impression that this is a stuffing procedure as opposed to a soldering one. Is this correct?
    Stuffing means inserting them in the printed circuit board and soldering them.
    Are the resistors and capacitors supplied with the amps?
    Given the huge number of variables that's probably not very realistic...

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• KeithM
      • Oct 2005

(quoted from page 11)" Calculate the standard values" I'm going to assume that means it's not included. If you need the values, get the linkwitzxform spread sheet here. IT's at the bottom.

Comment

• Bent
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2003

to implement a Linkwitz Transform, you'll need to build the sub first (install driver in enclosure, seal, break-in driver...), then after completion, you'll measure the subwoofers response with some form of signal generator/test frequency and plot the response. The results will let you know what you have and the above spreadsheet will let you know what you need to change the response to achieve the desired output - as long as your'e available power is suficient.

Comment

• TEK
          Super Senior Member
          • Oct 2002

Where in the chain can a Linkwitz Transform be added?
          Must it be a "internal" part of the amp (meaning that you must have a pre-adapted amp) or can you add it to any type of amp?
          -TEK

Many of the great achievements of the world were accomplished by tired and discouraged men who kept on working...

Comment

• ThomasW
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

It's integrated into the amp.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Dennis H
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Aug 2002

Just to clarify what Thomas said, the LT is built into the amp being discussed here. However it is often a separate box placed between the preamp and amp just like you'd do with any other EQ.

Comment

• TEK
                Super Senior Member
                • Oct 2002

Ahh, thanks a lot. That was a bit clarifying!

When I'm at it, does anyone know about how a servo works?
                From what I can see it seems to be a "device" fitted between the amp and the driver that analyzes the drivers movments and uses that information to modify the input signal to the amp.

Is it possible to insert a servo to a system using a "regular" amp and "regular" driver?

(sorry if I'm a bit offtopic)
                -TEK

Many of the great achievements of the world were accomplished by tired and discouraged men who kept on working...

Comment

• Dennis H
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • Aug 2002

Is it possible to insert a servo to a system using a "regular" amp and "regular" driver?
                  No. The servo needs a sensor attached to the cone or voice coil. It measures the position of the cone and uses feedback to move the cone to where it "should" be.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"