X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bam!
    Super Senior Member
    • Jan 2004

Levesque!

WOW je te felicite.....Je suis excité et hâte de le voir !

My buddy and I are gonna be starting on his home theater room soon...The infrastructure is done...now for the goodies

Encores une fois C`est super ton ensemble selon tes decriptions...Photos bientot ain!

Bam!
    Got a nice rack to show me ?

Comment

• David Meek
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Alain, it sounds like things are going really well. Congratulations and I hope things continue moving smoothly.

David - HTGuide flunky
      Our "Theater"
      Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• LEVESQUE
        • Oct 2002

Another question. I really feel like a newb sometimes...

I need 2 times 35' of wire for my 2 subs, but I can't find anyplace to buy a 35' long sub cables. My 2 subs needs each a single RCA connection.

Someone did suggest to use a RG6 cable for my subs. How am I suppose to connect my Servo-15 with a RG6 cable? Can someone explain how to connect a RCA plug on a RG6 cable? How can i go from RG6 to RCA?

I have over 500' of RG6 lying around...

Thank you.
        To spend more $$$ on electronics without first addressing room acoustics is fruitless IMO.

Comment

• Bam!
          Super Senior Member
          • Jan 2004

Hey mon chum!

Alain ecoute le meilleur des meilleurs pour toi et Lex...Ben sont nom est Doug mais pour pas cher malgré il y a des differentes qualité il est le gars a voir...c`est le proprio de la place et notre commanditaire...donc demande lui et il y a une garantie 30 jours pour satisfaction garantie!

Oublie pas de me telephoner pour le show Audio video!

Translation...what do you think I told him to do?

Bam!

Comment

• David Meek
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

Alain, talk to Lex about his CatCables sub-cables, the CoolCats. I bought two 6 meter Blue Tigers for my subwoofer runs and have been very happy with them.

David - HTGuide flunky
            Our "Theater"
            Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Lex
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Apr 2001

Levesque, I can fix you up with a couple of nice 35 foot sub cables, professionally done, no compromise and very very flexible, more so than any RG6.

I'll do those for you for 47.50 each plus shipping. I don't make that much, but I get some cats in your hands. Who knows, you might like them well enough you come back for some more.

Shipping does run a bit to Canada, likely around 22.00 for this weight.

Bam, you french talking whako!

Lex
              Doug
              "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Sonnie Parker
                • Jan 2002

Yeah... I knew that's what Bam was saying! ... not a chance

I did take 2 years of French in high school but don't remember squat. Okay... maybe I caught a couple of those words.

I just ordered a 50' cable from Lex for my sub or rather for a sub that will possibly be mine soon.

SONNIE

Cedar Creek Cinema

DVD Collection

BFD Comprehensive Setup Guide

Comment

• Bam!
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Jan 2004

ALAIN!

SO ? What`s happening bud ?

oh and the pepper comes out in me every once in a while... :roll:

See Bam!`s glossary in TTP! for pepper meaning!

Bam!

Comment

• LEVESQUE
                    • Oct 2002

Thank you Lex.

I did send you an E-mail! 8)

Bam!

Everything goes well, but there is always some annoying delays... We are doing 2 rooms at the same time (you know... I got my HT so my wife wanted her room also... sigh... she knows the tricks...), so we are waiting for the new foyer (800 pounds!) and the 3 new panoramic windows (600 pounds each!) to come in before we can close the walls in my HT (we have to pass through the HT to reach her room).

And the guy doing the concrete brick wall can't come before next week... So we are in an idle state... :cry:

Mais tout vient a point a qui sait attendre!
                    To spend more $$$ on electronics without first addressing room acoustics is fruitless IMO.

Comment

• Chris D
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Dec 2000

Well, for a setup where you can change and keep an RCA cable of any type, audio, video, digital coax, subwoofer, etc, I would go with Cat Cables. If however, you're going to install something in the walls permanently and not be able to keep it, like I did in my theater, you can easily attach an RCA connector to RG6 coax. I did this, using connectors from Parts Express. (click on the link at the top of the page to access Parts Express)

This is the part you're looking for:

CHRIS
                      Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
                      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                      - Pleasantville

Comment

• LEVESQUE
                        • Oct 2002

Thank you Chris. Argghh! I just order over 1K$ from PartsExpress last week! Too late... The shipping and border crossing fees are awful to come up here in Quebec... Will try to find it locally....

I have another question.

Resilient channel (RC). What's the difference with wood walls? Does it really make any difference? Why are some poeple going with those instead of ''regular'' wood framing and studs?

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"