Perforated screen: L/R speaks behind screen or to the side?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NoDestiny
    • Jan 2009

Perforated screen: L/R speaks behind screen or to the side?

Hello gang!

I was just curious, obviously the center channel would be behind a perforated screen, but what is better for the movie watchers for the L/R channels? Put them on the outside edges behind the screen, or to put them snug up to the side of the screen?
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

Behind the screen Gives a nice seamless and accurate representation of where sounds should be coming from. If you're going to do an AT screen (audio transparent) then definitely go all out get a screen that is big enough to cover all 3 speakers spaced properly.

Comment

• NoDestiny
      • Jan 2009

Thanx for the advice! I helped a friend do his L/C/R behind a wide screen not long ago, but since they were in-wall and the screen was as wide as the walls would let it, I had no way to directly compare (where i have had mine to the side the last few years, but being a different setup wouldn't be a fair comparison)

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2001

Yes, behind the screen. As Dougie said, you want to get that accurate representation from all 3 speakers.
        My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"