X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eurovw89
    • Feb 2010

Not sure if in right place

Help me out please. I am working on my basement and going to make a HT room. Would the rear speakers (3) be too far away? Should I mount them at hear level or higher?

Please please please....if ANYONE has ANY input or suggestions PLEASE feel free to add.

I am going to run a 2" PVC in-wall behind T.V. for HMDI, cable, etc... Should I run conduit for speaker wires, or just run them like running romex?

Does anyone know of where I could get surge protection which I can mount on or by electrical panel? i.e. I am putting a recessed recep behind my HDTV which is going to be mounted on wall, and a/v stand below the T.V. I would like to sure protect my HDTV and A/V equipment.

Please help with anything if possible......i am having a case of 'no ideas'
  • eurovw89
    • Feb 2010

Forgot to show where I will be sitting. The seating will be in the middle of the room

Comment

• Space
      • Aug 2009

Your rear speaker placement is fine. Ear level is a good idea. The surrounds can be set up about like the front pair with a listening triangle, which is what it looks like you're doing. Conduit isn't needed for speaker wire but there is a jacketed cable intended for in-wall installation. Here's a source for that from a forum sponsor.

Comment

• john trials
        • Mar 2009

If a movie/music is mixed for a certain speaker configuration, you are going to get the best results by sticking with the recommended configuration.
        Statements: "They usually kill the desire to build anything else."

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"