X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sevo
    • Jul 2008

soundstage

I'm new at this hometheater setup thing but I'm having problems making the soundstage sound right. I'm using the Marantz AV8003 is my sound processor and setting up a 5.1 system for my hometheater. However, the sound from the rear speakers sound just like the front speakers; ie when the plane in the movie flying away, I don't get the feeling it flying from front speakers to the back speakers. Please tell me how to fix the problem.
    Thanks a million.
  • greenhorn
    • Feb 2007

Don't know a lot but how about this....

Do you have a test disc, or many movie discs have a surround test included. Test basically circulates a tone around you speaker set, showing which speaker a tone is being sent to on the screen. Have you every done this, did the tone match to the speaker suggested on the screen? You should get only the tone specific to the speaker being identified.

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

Sounds like you may have a phase issue, if the channels are not "directionalized" enough. You're saying that you can't tell which speaker the sounds are coming from?

Other than that, it's GOOD if all the speakers produce the same sound when fed the same signal. You don't want to have the sound change as it moves from one speaker to another.
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

• Bent
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2003

Are you - indeed - sure you have told the Marantz that it has rear speakers?

if you didn't, it will matrix the rear surround effects to the fronts

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"