Need Advice on Newly Found Space (Floor Plan & Pics Included)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LuBi
    • Sep 2007

Need Advice on Newly Found Space (Floor Plan & Pics Included)

First I'd like to say thanks for taking the time.. I've recently been given the go-ahead to take over our house. I've got some space to work with but I'm having a tough time deciding on a proper layout.

I plan on starting with a 5.1 or 5.2 layout featuring a 50" or more Plasma. I haven't decided on new subs yet but I plan on looking into them after I get the monitors. For new speakers I'm looking at the Monitor Audio GS line..

Below is the scale floor plan I've been playing with.. Consider us having no furniture in the whole space as we're getting some new things.

What you see here is a large living room with very high ceilings.. The small room off the bottom left is our dining room. The problem is the sliders on the right and the front door on the left. If you have any ideas or input I'd greatly appreciate them. At this point I think this is the best I can do layout wise given our current home. I'm not exactly happy with the open space but I really don't have any other options.

Planned Compenents that matter:
    50" or more Plasma

Sony ES STR-DA5300ES
    Rotel RMB-1095 (Eventually if need be, plus waiting for more options)

Monitor Audio GS60 Front
    Monitor Audio GS10 Rears
    Monitor Audio GSLCR Center
    Monitor Audio GS10 Surrounds (Eventually 7.1 or 7.2)
    Undecided Subwoofers

I'm waiting to hear the GS line as I'm having trouble finding a local dealer. I don't plan on buying anything I haven't heard for myself.

I plan on going with a Salamander Designs Synergy Triple 20 or Quad 20 less the display mount.

Here are some pictures of the space in question.. I was feeling kind of froggy so I started moving things.. I'm excited about getting to use this space but the doorway worries me..

Thanks for taking the time. :T
    Samsung HL-S5087W 50" DLP Display
    Yamaha RX-V2700 AV Receiver
    Microsoft Xbox 360 Premium
    Sony Playstation 3 @ 1080p
  • mattburk
    • Feb 2003

did you ever get your monitor audio's? How do you like them?
    www.mycstone.com
    www.coverednow.com
    www.biarenton.com

Comment

• draganm
      • Jul 2005

that's a tough room, not only for the lay out but also that cermaic floor. You're going to have a hell of a time taming the reflections in that room which will cause a lot of distorion in the primary listening positions as the sound waves with diffrent timing hit your ear. Do you have any other choices, like basement?

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

Originally posted by draganm
        that's a tough room, not only for the lay out but also that cermaic floor. You're going to have a hell of a time taming the reflections in that room which will cause a lot of distorion in the primary listening positions as the sound waves with diffrent timing hit your ear. Do you have any other choices, like basement?
        I was thinking the same thing, That room's going to need a LOT of acoustic treatment to sound good. The vaulted ceilings aren't helping either.
        Jason

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"