X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GSedun
    • Nov 2006

Angled Walls

Hi Guys - I've just purchased a home with a 16 x 13 x 9 LWH heated room in the basement that I want to turn into a listening room. It has no windows and concrete walls on one side and one end, sheet rock one the other side and the final wall not yet built. Since it's not yet built, I'd like to look into the concept of angled walls to reduce room modes. I'm looking at the Rives website and the various packages they offer there, including the one that allows angled walls. The problem is I don't yet know enough about how to use the packages in order to come up with a decent design. Should I be looking for a designer or be giving it a go on my own. Your advice would be appreciated.

Garry
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

(I think I posted this before) If you're considering angled walls, for the purpose of acoustic operation, you're talking about ADVANCED stuff, even beyond my knowledge. So I would definitely recommend going with a designer.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• RobP
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Nov 2004

Hello Garry,
      With Rives Audio they will actually design the room for you based on information you provide for them. They have three different levels of service they can provide, all of which include a room design. I believe the first level provides with architectural plans showing layout and placement of acoustical treatments, they suggest products to use in those places but also provide the information needed to make these treatments yourself. The other two levels are more involved with a on site consultation and actual construction.

I am looking into their design services as well.
      Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• GSedun
        • Nov 2006

Wow

Hi Chris and Robert - wow, this is overwhelming! I'm reading a lot on the web and I'm starting to see how the diffusers/traps/etc. work. Robert - you mentioned you were considering Rives - I know this is an impossible question to answer, but what order of magnitude are we talking about in using folks like this - $5,000 - $10,000 - $20,000?

Regards

Garry

Comment

• RobP
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Nov 2004

Garry, I believe the level one consultation that I am looking into is around $1000, I am going to do all the work myself and make my own room treatments.

Edit: I just checked tonight and it looks like the price has increased, its now $1200 for an exsisting room and $1800 for new construction on the level 1 option
          Last edited by RobP; 20 November 2006, 00:42 Monday.
          Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"