X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Computer Supplier Meeting!

Well I went to the big "meet" yesterday and though I didn't win anything I still had a pretty good time and found out a few interesting things. :T

You should have seen the system I didn't win :cry: AMD64, 10000 RPM Serial ATA, Latest ATI video card, Creative THX 5.1 speaker setup... :cry:

Anyhoo..... If you're planning on buying a soundcard anytime soon, don't. This was completely off the record but apparently Creative's redesigned their audio cards and we shall now finally receive bit-perfect audio! No resampling! arty: Again, off the record they're planning on outdoing the M-audio board with RF sheilding, killer DAC's etc so be prepared We were "unofficially" told somewhere between August-December. There also supposed to be coming out with a cool mouse/remote combo that will also work in a similar fashion to the Gyration gear :T How handy! (Pun intended :rofl: ) HTPC'ers....it's coming together! (If you can believe everything I was "not told" anyways)

There was a nice presentation by MS for XP-Media Centre. From what I gathered it's got some good ideas but the implementation is not stellar in a few areas and is being held up by a lack of cooperating hardware. Especially when it comes to controlling STB's or recording HD etc. It seems more geared to techno-iliterate types but I don't know how many of them are willing to try something like this...?

AMD's presentation was good (though I'm a biased AMD fanataic :lol: ) nothing too exciting to report there just same old quality gear and continual, logical progression.

Fujitsu's got some nice notebooks coming out... too bad the presenter was putting us to sleep :Z

ASUS's presentation was good as well, again not to many surprises but PCI-X and PCI Express are coming which will remove the PCI bottleneck and aid with the above mentioned cooperating hardware problems.

As always, have fun trying to keep up :T

Jason
    Jason
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"