• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PeteG
    • Aug 2000

Harmony SST-659

Has anyone seen or used this remote?

http://www.harmonyremote.com/

Seems good for those who don't like touch-screen remotes, and don't want the hassle of programming their own macros.

Pretty good for $199 (retail). Their site also has a very comprehesive list of components to choose from.

Any thoughts?

Pete
  • RACER4551
    • Apr 2004

I just recently purchased the 659 remote and have been seriously impressed,i went from a home theater master mx500.This remote is really great and very simple to use,i have many different components and beside a few initial programing glitches,i now have it programed for nine activities.The only down side is the smaller buttons to activate the special functions for each device are kinda hard to use,but livable.For the price its going for its well worth the money,in my opinion. :T

Comment

• Wayne E
      • May 2004

I've been using the 659 for about a week now. It was very easy to set up. I do have a few modifications to perform to make it a bit more friendly for my use. However, it is a very nice remote.

I have a used one on the way which I picked up for $100. I may then return the one I currently have to the retailer because, for some reason, the volume button is sticking at times in the "down" position. Other than that minor complaint, I love this thing.

The lighted blue display also rocks. :T :T

Comment

• gostan
        • May 2003

Pete

I purchased the Harmony Remote about 3 months ago for an internet special of $149.00. My main reason for purchasing this remote instead of an MX-700 was for it's ease of use for my wife and other family members. It's one button use with labelled buttons to play a movie or listen to music or watch tv make life with my audio-ht system much easier. I do not have to worry about amplifiers or pre-amps or hdtv's being turned on and off willy nilly. I had to do some re-programming only with my tivo's.

Stan
        Stan

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"