X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Greg Stone
    • Aug 2000

Halo

Finished Halo on my XBox last night, on normal difficulty. Cannot imagine playing at Hard or Suicide level! :twisted:

Great game, am already looking forward to Halo 2. I think Bungie did a very good job creating this game, and with it's success, may become a major player in the game development area.

Now to finish Max Payne!

Greg's DVD's
  • SiliGoose
    • Aug 2000

Cool!

I think you'll have an easier time with Max Payne. I thought it too easy. I hate to admit it but I couldn't finish Halo. Yea, it got difficult but my main excuse is how rediculous it got in the levels where you follow that floating light thing around (forget the name).
    I just don't care for "you've got to put up with this to finish the game" level design. -especially when the game was so smartly designed to that point.

Maybe I'll pick it up again.

-Sili
    www.campmurphy.net

Comment

• Greg Stone
      • Aug 2000

Sili - I agree, it did get very difficult at the end, and I was frustrated at one point when I thought to myself "This is pure cheating!!" on the games part. But if you replay the room or scene enough, there always is a way out. I was frustrated enough at one point to think about doing a search for some walkthroughs, but decided against it. I hate using cheat codes for something I paid $50 for. Glad I didn't now!

I thought I could finish it Friday night, but at 2:30 Sat morning, I was still trying and too tired to be effective. Played again Sat night until 2 am Sunday morning, and finished it! First game since Doom 2 that I felt it was worth it to finish.

Good luck when you start it again!

Greg's DVD's

Comment

• SiliGoose
        • Aug 2000

Well, I just got my Japanese Xbox controller so I might just start back up tonight!!

-Sili
        www.campmurphy.net

Comment

• P-Dub
          Office Moderator
          • Aug 2000

Wow, almost finished the damn game last night. Officially didn't as I died during the jeep run and when I tried to reset to the checkpoint start, I rested back to the begining of the level. Doh!

I went through this on easy level, mainly to give myself a fighting chance, and I only had 5 days to finish the whole game. I admit to grabing a copy of the walkthrough, as time is of the essence. But I still had to spend quite a lot of time to make my way through this game. I still like it and would recommend it as a buy.

Not much else to say, your a kick ass guy and you're out to frag some baddies. I don't know if I like the limit of only 2 weapons and 4 grenades. I guess I've gotten so used to the older carry the whole arsenal on your back setup that most other FPS have used in the past. Not sure if this is the trend for the future.

I spent the most time on this game, but really don't have much to say about it. Smart enemies, you've got some backup at times from your marines. You get to pilot some vehicles, I even got the Warthog up one of those tough inclines near the early stages.

I did not get the chance to experience this game in DD5.1. My rental only came with the standard analog L/R and composite video connections. So I played in mainly in prologic. The picture quality on composite was quite good, even when projected onto my back wall, the diagonal is approx 65" I set the Xbox to output a 16:9 image, and set the projector to squeeze. The projector I used was a Sanyo PLCS-SW10, rated at a 700 lumens, 250:1 contrast ratio. Not the best projector out there, but works very well.

Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.
          Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"