X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matt Broeska
    • Nov 2000

leaning towards gamecube...

now with siligoose's news that xbox won't do progressive scan i'm for sure leaning towards nintendo's gamecube. one of my co-worker's friends is an xbox game developer and he says that everyone in his shop is getting a gamecube and a few are getting both, but none are getting just an xbox. he said that where a ps2 might have a character model at about 1500 polys, an xbox would have it at about 3500 polys, and the gamecube would render it at about 7000 polys. now of course this is just a generalisation, but he says that the gamcube outperforms the xbox in all categories. now if only nintendo could release some more mature games they'd have me for sure.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
  • Bing Fung
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Aug 2000

It may be a good decision for you Matt. I for one am left thinkin I may just have to buy a PS2 and cancel my Xbox

Bing
    Bing

Comment

• Bing Fung
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Aug 2000

Anyone have a list of Gamecubes's games??

Bing
      Bing

Comment

• Matt Broeska
        • Nov 2000

hey bing,

you can find a list of games here. if you wanna see something really great, you have to check out the footage of resident evil.
        Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
        That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Comment

• SiliGoose
          • Aug 2000

he says that the gamcube outperforms the xbox in all categories.
          While interesting, that's certainly contrary to virtually every published opinion.

That said, I don't think it really matters which box is more powerful. They're all so close (PS2, Xbox, & GameCube) that the average gamer will never be able to tell the difference.

-Sili
          www.campmurphy.net

Comment

• Trevor Schell
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

An easy decision is to get both.

The Game Cube is for the kids, While the X-Box is for Dad. Both are on Pre-order.

Bing,,Go ahead and get the PS2..Katherine would enjoy it too,,remember it also plays the original Playstation games which are cheap and titles are in abundance..

Trevor
            My HomeTheater S.E.
            Sonically Enhanced
            C5
            Trevor

XBOX 360 CARD

Comment

• Huskerduck
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Oct 2000

which ever looks best on an HD Widescreen gets my cash, which already deletes PS2 which the Dreamcast with a VGA adapter blows away

Mark

Ducks Meager Theater
              Mark

Ducks Meager Theater

Comment

• SiliGoose
                • Aug 2000

You'd rather have it look good than play great games? Blasphemy!!

-Sili
                www.campmurphy.net

Comment

• Bing Fung
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • Aug 2000

Thanks Matt!

There doesn't seem to be a lot of Nintendo games I'm interested in. Everything I want to play is on PS2

Trev, I like your ability to problem solve .... Just buy all 3 :B

Bing
                  Bing

Comment

• John Holmes
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2000

Biohazard does look very good indeed. I loved the RE series on Playstation. I'm still up in the air about a new platform. I guess my old Playstation and Dreamcast will have to hold me over.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
                    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    😂
                    🥰
                    😘
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😞
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"