X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SiliGoose
    • Aug 2000

Microsoft SUCKS!!!

Damn! Microsoft just announced that they have removed the progressive scan capability from the Xbox. With that goes the hopes of it being a HTPC video scaler.

They're afraid people will buy the Xbox only for DVDs and not buy any of their games or game accessories (where they make their money).

The only positive is that the DVD player for the Xbox is pure software. A hack could always be written.

-Sili
    www.campmurphy.net
  • Bing Fung
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Aug 2000

WTF!?!?!?!?

This was one of the main reasons that I have been shouting out XBOX....

They can't do that, people have preordered based on the released specifications. I may have to cancel my pre-order...

I guess so long as it still does HDTV for games, still sucks!!

Where did you read this Sili? URL...?

GRRRRR!

Bing
    Bing

Comment

• SiliGoose
      • Aug 2000

They can't do that, people have preordered based on the released specifications.
      Well, Microsoft never "officially" announced these features anyway. The CEO of nVidia announced that the Xbox chipset was capable of these features.

The news was available on several Xbox enthusiast sites (which I was linked to but don't normally read).

Yes, games will still be available in HD.

-Sili
      www.campmurphy.net

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"