X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • impala454
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2007

XBox One

So Microsoft just announced this thing recently and wondering what people's thoughts are.

The low down so far:
    8 core CPU
    8GB RAM
    500GB drive
    bluray (slot load)
    4K output ability (though that doesn't mean games will be 4K)
    some new version of kinect
    can control cable/sat boxes and pass through video
    voice operated
    cloud storage via xbox live
    DVR for gaming

I wouldn't mind getting some sort of nice set top box that would allow me to watch Amazon Prime and possibly Hulu but I think this would be overkill for that.
    -Chuck
  • P-Dub
    Office Moderator
    • Aug 2000

The one thing that I've just read is something to do with needing to be connected to the internet. Most times that shouldn't be an issue, but something about needing to connected like once a day. I think this still has to be confirmed.

Also, that the trading in used games may look very different.

I've been wanting to get a new gaming machine but have held off on both the PS3 and Xbox360. I have the older PS2 and Xbox. I figured I would skip a generation.
    Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

• wkhanna
      Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2006

I am not a gamer.
      I do not watch TV for anything other than sports like hockey, football & Formula 1 auto & motto racing.
      Do not watch many movies or stream any video....
      Not interested in Skyping, especially while trying watch something at the same time.
      I loathe 'social networking', never have or ever will be on Facebook.
      Still, I am strangely attracted to this device for so some unknown reason.

I know The Wife would probably appreciate some of the features, I still have to turn our TV on for her at home because our HT is a bit complicated for her.

I have not heard any estimates on the price.......
      Anybody willing to make a guess ???
      _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
      ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• Hdale85
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2006

More than likely it'll be 399-500 price wise. I'm not sure if they are planning multiple scu's on this gen? Sounds like no? It has some very nice media functions though. I'll be interested if they decide to allow it to play the more common media formats used like MKV and FLAC. If all you're looking for is an easier way to turn on devices for the wife, there are cheaper/better alternatives out there likely

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"