X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trevor Schell
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

*New DeLL Inspiration XPS Notebook

Designed to provide maximum performance and a rich visual experience, the Dell InspironTM 9100 notebook is a powerful multimedia computer that can replace your desktop multimedia system. Because of a powerful Intel® Pentium® 4 processor with Hyper-Threading technology and the dazzling high-performance and power-management features of an ATI MobilityTM RadeonTM 9700 graphics card, this new notebook utilizes desktop processor technology for running digital entertainment software such as music, movies, photos, digital editing and power-gaming applications. The Inspiron 9100 uses a 15.4-inch Wide Aspect UltraSharpTM LCD to render stunning images that are a pleasure to view on the widescreen display, and it comes with options for WXGA, WSXGA+ or WUXGA resolution.

Tons of Features and Options

The versatile Inspiron 9100 notebook provides a variety of configuration options to satisfy the most avid gamer or digital media enthusiast. Choose from a wide array of media bay options and multimedia features to design a system that's just right for your entertainment needs. System features and options include:

2.8, 3.0, 3.2 or 3.4 GHz Intel Pentium 4 processor
    400 MHz memory architecture supporting up to 2 GB of DDR memory
    64 MB or 128 MB ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 graphics card
    Integrated DVI, IEEE1394 and S-Video ports for connecting your multimedia devices
    Four USB 2.0 ports to support your peripheral devices
    Dell Media ExperienceTM software to make multimedia content simple to use
    12-cell "smart" lithium ion battery for high capacity and operation on the go
    Integrated Subwoofer for high-quality audio reproduction
    Integrated dual-band 802.11 antennas with Mini-PCI card option for WiFi® support
    56K1 modem and 10/100 Ethernet NIC for connection virtually anywhere you go
    Hard drive options including 40 GB, 60 GB (5400 or 7200 rpm) or 80 GB capacities
    Media device options including DVD/CD-RW combo, DVD+RW2, HDD or FDD

The stylish 9100 system is not only a joy to use...it's also a pleasure to look at with its attractive Moonlight Silver and Venice Blue color scheme. Choose from five optional QuickSnapTM customer color kits to add pizzazz to your notebook and make it stand out from the crowd.

Optimized for Multimedia Performance

Finally there's a multimedia notebook that rivals desktop systems for performance and power. The Inspiron 9100 notebook provides everything you need for a high-quality multimedia or gaming experience. Let us custom-configure the system that meets your needs. It's easy as Dell.

Trevor
    My HomeTheater S.E.
    Sonically Enhanced
    C5
    Trevor

XBOX 360 CARD
  • JonMarsh
    Mad Max Moderator
    • Aug 2000

Dell's a funny company....

Wide-Aspect 15.4" UltraSharpTM WUXGA LCD, the largest available notebook display size and highest possible resolution offered by Dell
    Now, this is like saying, this is the biggest notebook display we offer, and implying it's the biggest available- of course, ignoring the HP, Apple and others 17".

With weight between 9 and 10 lb, this is definitely a desknote, though the display is a little small for that category.

Still, lots of processing and video power crammed into a pretty dense package! Undoubtedly something for Dell lovers to rejoice over!

~Jon

Earth First!
    M8ta
    Modula Neo DCC
    Modula MT XE
    Modula Xtreme
    Isiris
    Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
    Minerva Monitor
    Calliope
    Ardent D

In Development...
    Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
    Obi-Wan
    Saint-Saëns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
    Modula PWB
    Calliope CC Supreme
    Natalie P Ultra
    Natalie P Supreme
    Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
    Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

(once again relying on the line from "What About Bob")

I WANT.... I WANT..... I NNEEEEED, I NNEEEEEEEEEEED.....

CHRIS
      Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

Actually, I just kinda got sweet on this deal, even though it's most likely something I can't afford. Here's a question that I can't figure out--can this notebook output digital audio signals? I'd like to find a laptop that could output both audio and video to a pre/pro for use as a semi-HTPC. It looks like the 9100/XPS can handle the video fine, but it doesn't say anything about being able to pass DD/DTS signals.

CHRIS
        CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• P-Dub
          Office Moderator
          • Aug 2000

This is truely sad. My wife's Dell Inspiron 8000 had a dongle that provide a coax connection for digital out. I've looked through the specs and can't see that any of the new Dell's are providing that feature. I guess I'll have to look for another laptop supplier. I don't even know if any company provides a digital out.

We had lots of fun using the laptop as our souce to run a projector and sending the signal through to my DD receiver when we went on our holiday.

Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.
          Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

• Chris D
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Dec 2000

I agree, it's sad. My el-cheapo portable DVD player worth about $130, but that I got for free in a rebate deal, even has a digital coaxial out port. (1/8" plug to RCA cable included).

I'd really like something that AS A MINIMUM has a digital video out port, VGA okay but DVI/HDMI preferred, and a digital audio out port, coaxial that can pass DD/DTS at least, but DVD-A and/or SACD preferred as well.

Do any decent laptops nowadays do this?

CHRIS
            CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"