X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gordon Moore
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Feb 2002

Holo3dgraphII and daughtercard

So I was wandering looking at what was new and came across this...

Appears immersive is beefing up the holo3dgraph by adding a daughterinput/output card.

The Immersive HOLO3DGRAPH™-II ("H3D-II") PCI Video Processing card is a PCI input card that allows the home theater enthusiast to utilize a personal computer as their video processor. One of the most notable features of this card is 480i Component Video and HDTV (with optional HDTV Aux board) Inputs which up to now has been unavailable to the HTPC community.

The H3D-II also has on-board videophile-grade deinterlacing by Faroudja that converts all standard definition formats (NTSC/PAL/SECAM) into progressive video using DCDi™, technology that was once only available in products costing several times the cost of the H3D.

Combined with a high-quality video output board with 10-bit video DACs, integrated iDCT, gamma control, custom resolutions, and motion compensation processing, the HTPC can produce the highest quality video image available at any resolution and scan rate.

The HDTV Aux daughtercard connects to the H3D-II card via a 24-bit I/O header. With this daughtercard the video can be scaled and output directly from of the HDTV Aux board itself via DVI or 10-bit RGBHV/YPrPb analog video. You are completely bypassing the PCI bus, Windows, and your video adapter using this method which can be a convenient alternative to using a high-end video graphics card.

The onboard scaler is a videophile-grade 12-tap scaler (compared to 3-4 taps in video cards). Processing video via this path also allows for frame rate conversion including the standard 59.94 and 72 Hz scan rates. There is also a DVI/analog input that can be used to connect high-bandwidth video sources including HDTV tuners that would otherwise saturate the PCI bus (the main H3D-II board has only low bandwidth 480i video inputs).
    So if I understand this correctly you can re-route your video card into the daughtercard thus utlizing the output from you pc dvd player?
    Letting the H3DII handle 3:2 and 2:2 pulldown rather than any software solution and bypass the need for an external dvd?

Except that you would still get all the fun of audio issues that can give HTPC users headaches.

Or is that missing the boat? Then :wtf: what would be the point of the daughtercard? Anyone know?

BTW...You can get a refurb Holo3Dgraph mark I for $385 right now at AVScience

"A RONSTER!"
    Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.
Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"