X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • P-Dub
    Office Moderator
    • Aug 2000

Having problem printing on a shared printer

Previously, I've had no problems connecting and sharing print jobs. However with the recent upgrade to Win2K on the laptop, I can't print to the shared printer.

The printer is connected to a desktop currently running Win98. The laptop is on Win2k, I can see the printer in the network and I can actually connect and add it as the default printer on the Win2k machine.

If I try to do a test page print, it fails and it also fails to print from programs as well. I've added in Win98 drivers into the Win2k system, but that doesn't seem to help.

What else I should try?

Thanks

Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.
    Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.
  • Eduardo
    Moderator emeritus
    • Jun 2002

I'm probably wrong buy you may want to check to see if the driver or printer is set to bi-directional. I ran into a problem like this with a router/printer server and if I remember correctly that was the problem.

Sorry I can't really think of anything else.

http://home.nc.rr.com/ejimenez

Comment

• P-Dub
      Office Moderator
      • Aug 2000

Eduardo, thanks, I'll give that a try. But not sure if that'll do anything. I don't have the printer hooked to my router, though I do want to do that in the future.

I also switched over my Win98 machine to Win2K and that solved the printing problem. However that created another problem. I can't connect my Palm via USB. The system manager says my USB device is not working. :?:

Paul

Paul

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"