• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

Samsung laser printer problems!!

Hey all,

I have a Netbook and decided to get a simple Samsung black and white Laser printer to print stuff off of it. Problem is, I can't get the damn driver to load into the Netbook. I have a portable dvd drive that I can hook up to the Netbook but it get's about 2/3rd's of the way through the installation and then poops out on me. Is that because the Netbook cannot support it??.

I'm just about ready to upgrade to a real laptop to be honest!!!. VERY annoying!!! :M
    Dan Madden :T
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

What's pooping out on you? The printer driver installation or the portable dvd drive driver?

Can you download the printer driver directly off Samsung's website?

What OS is the netbook running?

Comment

• madmac
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Kevin P
      What's pooping out on you? The printer driver installation or the portable dvd drive driver?

Can you download the printer driver directly off Samsung's website?

What OS is the netbook running?

Kevin, I decided to go to the Samsung website and download the damn driver from there and it worked!. I mean, it's just a printer for god's sake!. The CD installation disc should have worked no?. Don't get it but at the end of the day, the printer now works. I cannot give Samsung any Kudos for their manuals which are completely useless (I'm big into manuals) or their software. I'm thinking of upgrading my phone to the new Samsung Note but now I am hesitating !!! 8O
      Dan Madden :T

Comment

• Hdale85
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2006

I never use the ones off the CD.....always go for the web ones.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"