X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

ICQ bug-a-boo

Very strange thing has been happening. When I type a certain number of characters in my ICQ window to well, anyone on my list, my system blue screens. Must be an AOL feature, as this never used to happen on any computer until they took over. Thought about upgrading to the latest version. But as time goes along, I get more and more put out with AOL's shenanigans, and have less and less interest in it.

Anyway, it took a while before I finally figured out, it's blue screening primarily on ICQ at this point. Weird.

Lex
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

What program is running when the blue-screen appears? Usually this info is shown in the blue screen dump info. A lot of times, it's a flaky driver that causes these.

KJP

Official Computer Geek and Techno-Wiz Guru of HTGuide - Visit Tower of Power
    My HT Site

Comment

• Bing Fung
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Aug 2000

Strange happenings Lex...

Flaky driver like in ICQ's progam Kevin?

What about uninstalling and reinstalling ICQ?

Bing
      Bing

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

weird. I've never had ICQ cause me any major problems before...even on 9X platforms.

Comment

• Lex
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Apr 2001

Yeah, this is strange. Never encountered anything like this. I blue screened it like 3 times in a row the other night until I became a believer. The other day, I set my cmos not to fail on errors even, thinking this might prevent my blue screen of death.

Kevin, usually it happens so fast, It's hard to get much info on it. I will try the new version, if that doesn't work, ICQ is out of commission on this PC.

I did reinstall it the other night, but I confess, I overlaid it, and didn't do an uninstall first, lol. that didn't work of course.

Lex
          Doug
          "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"