X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shakespeare
    • Mar 2008

The Ssp 800 And New 3d Blue Ray Players

I have an SSP 800 and was just wondering whether it will be compatible with the new 3D blue ray players and TVs which are about to hit the market.

I have been told different stories such as:

current processors operating with hdmi 1.3 might be able to process the sound, but may have difficulties sending the video signal through to the tv

all that is required for compatibility for hdmi 1.3 processors is a firmware upgrade. That begs the question: will Classe provide such an upgrade

only hdmi 1.4 type processors will be compatible with 3D blue ray.

Having said that, I read that a certain manufacturer will release a blue ray player with one hdmi output for the sound (which is compatible with existing processors) and one hdmi output which is intended to go straight to the 3D tv for the 3D video.

Please give me your feedback, thoughts and comments.
  • style
    Super Senior Member
    • Feb 2006

Hi Shakespeare,

the 3D is at the beginning...the first player with "??? glasses"?!?

and the movie? a GOOD movie where is?

I think with have nother 4 years before the 3D come in our home...

sure the "first experiment" are available but no thank!!: I have see the panaasoncs player and plasam: with te demo disc and the "glasses like Cernobil" was for a half hours ok after s``it I dont' see nothing more!!

Style

Comment

• Srrndhound
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Shakespeare
      I have an SSP 800 and was just wondering whether it will be compatible with the new 3D blue ray players and TVs which are about to hit the market.

I have been told different stories such as:

current processors operating with hdmi 1.3 might be able to process the sound, but may have difficulties sending the video signal through to the tv

all that is required for compatibility for hdmi 1.3 processors is a firmware upgrade. That begs the question: will Classe provide such an upgrade

only hdmi 1.4 type processors will be compatible with 3D blue ray.

Having said that, I read that a certain manufacturer will release a blue ray player with one hdmi output for the sound (which is compatible with existing processors) and one hdmi output which is intended to go straight to the 3D tv for the 3D video.
      The dual output players will be certain to prevent any incompatibility issues with current AV systems.

I looked at the info for the Silicon Image HDMI chips used in the SSP, and it states:
      >>In addition to supporting advanced HDMI 1.3 video features, the SiI9134 supports 3D over HDMI in the HDMI 1.4 specification, DVD audio with 7.1-surround at 192kHz, SACD audio standards, and stereo audio at 192kHz.<<

What exactly that means for the SSP-800's particular use of that chip is yet to be determined.

Comment

• wettou
        Ultra Senior Member
        • May 2006

Originally posted by style
        Hi Shakespeare, the 3D is at the beginning...the first player with "??? glasses"?!?and the movie? a GOOD movie where is? I think with have another 4 years before the 3D come in our home...sure the "first experiment" are available but no thank!!: I have see the Panasonic player and plasma: with te demo disc and the "glasses like Chernobyl" was for a half hours ok after s``it I don't' see anything more!! Style
        For once we agree 3D is great to induce nausea and emesis:B I saw a deo on the Sony and after 10 minutes I got a headache.

Please give us UHDTV at 4 or 8K please.

JVC professional 4096x2400 pixel DLA-SH4K projector is priced at a whopping $142, 500

VC latest projectors—one at 8K (8,192x4,320pixels) and the other at 4K (3,840x2,160pixels)—come with 10,000 lumens of brightness and produce a 5500:1 contrast ratio. JVC has also created a prototype of their new 4K handheld camcorders, which shoot in 4240p and was made to be more of a broadcasting camera. Although release dates and prices are yet to be announced, they are rumored to cost under $200k, which is not that surprising considering that this cutting-edge technology is aimed more at professionals. [Akihabara New via CrunchGear]

Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• wettou
          Ultra Senior Member
          • May 2006

Originally posted by Srrndhound
          The dual output players will be certain to prevent any incompatibility issues with current AV systems.

I looked at the info for the Silicon Image HDMI chips used in the SSP, and it states:
          >>In addition to supporting advanced HDMI 1.3 video features, the SiI9134 supports 3D over HDMI in the HDMI 1.4 specification, DVD audio with 7.1-surround at 192kHz, SACD audio standards, and stereo audio at 192kHz.<<

What exactly that means for the SSP-800's particular use of that chip is yet to be determined.
          It would have been nice for Classé to give the SSP-800 the ability to decode DSD SACDs.
          Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• sikoniko
            Super Senior Member
            • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Srrndhound

at CES, their basic answer was that they didn't know. It might work and it might not.
            I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• style
              Super Senior Member
              • Feb 2006

Before the have in my rom a 3D TV/plasma I have SURE a SSP1000 as processor :W :W :W

the Hdmi will be Standart 1.5 or the Hdmi will be Dead: maybe we have another "cable" in place from hdmi!

and are the pictures that will be in 3D OR THE MUSIC?? h:

Style

Comment

• wxmanunr
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by wettou
                It would have been nice for Classé to give the SSP-800 the ability to decode DSD SACDs.
                That would be lovely.

wxmanunr

Comment

• wettou
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • May 2006

Originally posted by style
                  Before the have in my rom a 3D TV/plasma I have SURE a SSP1000 as processor :W :W :W the Hdmi will be Standart 1.5 or the Hdmi will be Dead: maybe we have another "cable" in place from hdmi! and are the pictures that will be in 3D OR THE MUSIC?? h: Style
                  WIRELESS no HDMi

Comment

• wettou
                    Ultra Senior Member
                    • May 2006

Originally posted by sikoniko
                    at CES, their basic answer was that they didn't know. It might work and it might not.
                    Now they can test it as new Blu ray players with HDMi 1.4 are out:roll:

But who cares!!

Comment

• style
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Feb 2006

Hi,

the ONLY $$$$ not wasted?

$$ for the power ampli & speakers!

a cd player, than cd/dvd -> BR-DVD-CD-mp3,dvix...
                      plasma or projector -> the same....new models with this & that,....

powerampli & good speakers are "like gold" today and always a investment
                      not the changed every 6 months...

Style

WIRELESS no HDMi? what wwe go have wireless in place of Hdmi cables?
                      this is at today reality! ops:

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"