X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bing Fung
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Aug 2000

Bl000 Mouse

Seems the Blue LED is taking the PC mod world by storm...

Heh, So I know the light it not blue, but at least my mouse now is...

My Explorer was looking kinda groudy so I decided to paint it. I painted it with 3 coats silver, 5 coats candy blue and 3 coats clear. I then rubbed out the paint with Detail Masters polishing films 3200/3600/4200/6000/8000/12000 grit, and water. It is glass smooth, and very nice to use. I waxed it with Zymol Auto wax, now hand tactility is slick and cool. 8)

I soldered in a blue LED, however it was a 5V / 20mA /1000mcd LED that was severly under powered by the 1.7V the mouse puts to this LED. The light was not intense enough to match the original red LED.

I then soldered in a 1.7V / 20mA /620mcd Green LED. This had the intensity, however through the red plastic base, it looked like a washed Orange color.

I will need to find a blue LED that will be closer to the specifications of the stock LED.

Note: The Stock red LED at the back, has a very wide angle of dispersion. Any LED used to replace this should be at least a wide angle or very bright.

Bing
    Bing
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Looks great Bing! Just what the world needs, another high performance tricked out, wind tunnel designed, shaved, trimmed Techo-mouse with 5 speed, and rear spoiler. haha

Lex
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Bing Fung
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Aug 2000

Whoa 8O I never though of all that... You could do me one better!

Sure, it's just a mouse, but it was my mouse and it needed painting :evil:

Bing
      Bing

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Bing I can't imagine what your next project will be but I can't wait to see it

Comment

• Bing Fung
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Aug 2000

Well Andrew, I have been experimenting with how to incorporate this 5" TFT LCD with VGA input. However I need a GF4 or a PCI Video card as well.

Bing
          Bing

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"