X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SiliGoose
    • Aug 2000

Locked out of my Win2k system!

Um...I'm stupid.

I was playing around with my networking settings and somehow locked myself out of my Win2000 desktop PC.

I originally had it set up with no password but now it requires one at boot up. I didn't set one so I don't know what it's expecting from me.

Anyone know any way around the password screen? It will not let me press enter to bypass the password screen. Am I going to have to re-install windows to get by this?

-Sili
    www.campmurphy.net
  • Jeremy Santos
    • Aug 2000

What kind of message do you get when you try to enter any kind of password? Have you tried just entering "administrator"? Really strange that it would ask for a password when all you did was change network settings.

Jeremy Santos

My Software
    Santos Theater

Play It Loud, Play It Clean!!!!!
    Jeremy Santos

My Software
    Santos Theater

Play It Loud, Play It Clean!!!!!

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

Hmmm, very strange Sili. the main account is always "administrator", but the PW, well, usually you have to set one somewhere in the install if you enable PW. I have one W2K that boots without, and one that doesn't. I seriously, doubt there is a way around this. If there was, it would be a security breach. Oh crap. When I tried to instally W2K over W2K, it corrupted my CMOS. So, not sure I recommend that.

Do try Admin, Administrator, even try the word password. not sure what else to try.

this is terrible. I recommend setting an administrator password guys, it's easy to sign in, and will prevent this in the future...

Lex
      Doug
      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Bing Fung
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Aug 2000

Sorry Sili, I don't have answer to that...

Bing
        Bing

Comment

• Bing Fung
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Aug 2000

Sili, have alook at this site NT Access

Maybe give it a try....

Bing
          Bing

Comment

• S-Goose
            • Feb 2002

Bing,

Thanks for the link looks like that would do the trick...but for $70 I think I'd rather wipe my HD and start over.

I have tried the Administrator as well but nothing works. I'm one of those people who use the same password for everything I do so if I ever entered a password it would be that password.

The funny thing is that after adjusting all the networking settings I now have the same problem with my WinXP desktop. All I did in the network settings is set my type of network and change the name of my network to MSHOME. That's it...and all of a sudded both Win2k and WinXP want me to enter a password to sign-on.

I don't understand.

Comment

• S-Goose
              • Feb 2002

Oh, you may have noticed my screen name has changed.

I don't think it a coincidence that my password here at HTGuide has suddenly changed. Yes, that's right, I can no longer post under the name 'SiliGoose' because my password is no longer recognized.

If this is a joke it is a funny one...and it got another new member (in 'S-Goose') for the forum.

:twisted:

Comment

• Bing Fung
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Aug 2000

Hey , who is this S-Goose character? :LOL:

$70 bucks 8O That is rude!! I thought they had a demo that was downloadable that would provide the back door in... Bastards , taking advantage of the problem stricken.

I'm far from knowing anything about IT, but I'll ask my IT guys at work when I get the chance. Maybe by then you'll have resolved the problem Sili.

What are the chances of a virus that has invoked the password havoc that you are experiancing?

Bing
                Bing

Comment

• Lex
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Apr 2001

I thought everyone knew the S-goose was the Supreme Goose, lol. I swear Sili, I wouldn't do that to you, change your pw, here, but it was a helluvan idea,

I will send you your PW, I have no clue what happened. You sure your not drunk this weekend?

Lex
                  Doug

Comment

• S-Goose
                    • Feb 2002

Damn...I was really hoping that was a joke (it would have been a really good one).

There's a very good possibility I'm loosing my mind.

Comment

• SiliGoose
                      • Aug 2000

Lex,

Thanks for sending the new password -I'm back! Can you send me my Admin password for my WinXP box too?

-Sili
                      www.campmurphy.net

Comment

• Lex
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Apr 2001

Did you try Siligoose as a PW? Geesh, I am out of ideas from there. Glad your back here at least.

Goodluck with the W2K problem!

Lex
                        Doug

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"