X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

IE6 problem

Ok it seems I've got a problem with IE6 on my XP box. It seems that links in websites that open up a new window aren't functioning properly. What happens is that it opens a new window but its blank. I've tried to uninstall IE but all that seems to do is remove the link from the start bar etc since when you go to reinstall it it only adds 1 meg and all the settings are the same. I've also tried to revert it back to its original settings but it makes no difference. I've also tried that XP rebuild command that I posted in the tips and tricks thread but again no effect...any suggestions?

• Jeremy Santos
    • Aug 2000

Hey Andrew,

Has this problem just started, or has this been happening for awhile? You might want to check your MTU settings. Do a search on the net on how to change it in XP. There are also programs that can change it for you if you don't want to play with your registry.

Jeremy Santos

My Software
    Santos Theater

Play It Loud, Play It Clean!!!!!
    Jeremy Santos

My Software
    Santos Theater

Play It Loud, Play It Clean!!!!!

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Jeremy its a fairly new problem...and I've changed the MTU settings a while back and didn't seem to do anything...I'll try changing them back to the defaul settings though

Comment

• Bing Fung
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Aug 2000

Are your security settings too high on IE?

Bing
        Bing

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Bing I've tried turning security down to the min, to the middle and resetting it to default to no avail. Obviously there's some setting somewhere though thats seems to be preventing it from working properly.

Comment

• Bing Fung
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Aug 2000

Java settings maybe?

Bing
            Bing

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

I thought the same thing re Java but they seem to be set the same as the other machine...good point though b/c I did recently install JRE for another app. (opera) so maybe thats the issue...

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"