X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Fixed my problem

I've got a 8X HP CDRW burner and for some reason I kept getting buffer under runs if I tried burning at 8X even though I've got a ATA 100 7200 RPM harddrive, windows 2k machine with 830mhz CPU (or what ever I have it set to at the time) Anyway I had installed the new SP2 for Win2K last week and I took a look at which IDE control driver I was using and it seems that there was a new one available after I did the SP2 and now things are much faster. I have no problems burning at 8X now Anyway I thought that those with Abit boards running win2k might want to check and see which IDE driver they are using since I was using the VIA one and now its a much faster one from the 24th of April (generic)

• Bing Fung
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Aug 2000

Andrew, it's also good practice to have your burner on a separte IDE channel than your Hard Drive and other CD-Rom. This will give you better throughput than having a IDE channel that must read and write data (if CDR-W is on the same IDE as HD, or CD-Rom).

The Via 4"n"1 drivers seem to fix a lot of problems as well

Bing
    Bing

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Bing they are both on seperate IDE channels (both as masters)

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"