X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Greg Stone
    • Aug 2000

Static / Popping from PC Speakers

I have a Dell Dimension XPS R400 with an Altec Lansing ACS Dolby Pro-Logic Speaker System, which has a small subwoofer and two desktop surround type speakers. I cannot leave the speakers turned up because of an annoying popping / static sound that comes from them all the time. I've had this system a couple years, and this started a few weeks ago and hasn't stopped.

Any troubleshooting ideas? I don't even know where to begin. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Greg
  • Bing Fung
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Aug 2000

Greg, my only guess is that computer components are typically noisy to begin with. You could try swappng your sound card into another PCI slot. Apperently some slots are noiser than others, Why it would have just shown up, I don't know.

Certainly any PC I've ever heard has always been noisy and can not compare to audiophile equipment.

If i turn up my volume on my new speakers now with nothing playing, I hear what seems to be static from the fans or Hard drives.

Bing
    Bing

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"