• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

Volume issue with Android!

Hey all,

A few weeks ago, I got a notification on my Samsung Galaxy Note for a major firmware update which I did. After the update (Using Google "Play Music"), the max volume output was drastically reduced for music. The phone and speaker phone works fine. The issue is with the music player via headphones. There was also a "Google play Music" update which I also did so I'm not sure which update has caused the issue.

There seems to be many apps out there that boast to increase a phone's overall volume. Does anyone here have any experience with them and/or recommendations??. There are piles of volume increasing apps apparently and I'm not sure if they work or just F**K up your phone.

Let me know??
    Dan Madden :T
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

So no takers???......Sheesh!. Well, I have a few updates. It appears that certain EQ features on these Phone MP3 players can drastically reduce volume. The less EQ and sound altering effects you use, the more volume you get out of the device.

However, the fact remains is that my overall volume has decreased by about 30% since these updates were done.

ps....I did download some of those 'volume booster' apps on my phone and they do nothing. I finally realized that no app can make a phone produce more power out of the headphone jack. They can reduce volume, but cannot make the phono output produce more......makes sense right??.

Comment

• madmac
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2010

.....Nobody cares!!!??.........fine then!.......Poop-pooo on you!! :

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

Sorry, bud, I'm not an Android user myself, and haven't heard of people having volume issues. I've never even heard of apps that are focused on changing volume!
        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
        - Pleasantville

Comment

• John Holmes
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

I have a Galaxy S4. It has the volume notice/warning however, it does allow me to exceed the recommended level. I'm not sure why your Note doesn't allow it as well, especially since both units are Samsung.
          "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"