X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BWLover
    • Jan 2009

HDTracks.com

Hello. I was wondering something about audio formats you download from this site. If a person downloads a 192/24 bit file, but then burns it to a cd, what happens to that file? Is it downgraded to 44.1/16? Will the audio sound better if it was originally a 192/24 burned to a cd? Or will it sound better if I were to download the 44.1/16 file and burn it? Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using the Tapatalk app
    Bowers & Wilkins 683 Speakers
    Rotel RB-1090 2 Channel Amp
    Rotel RC-1082 Stereo Pre Amp
    Rotel RCD-1072 CD Player
    Pro-Ject Debut Carbon w/ Ortofon 2M Red (sitting on a piece of slate supported by 3 "solid tech feet of silence" isolation feet)
    Rotel RLC-1040 Power Conditioner
    Shynyata Research SR-Z1 Power Outlet & Venom 3 Power Cords x 4
    Tara Labs RSC Vector 1 Speaker Cables & Interconnects
    Pioneer PDP-5070HD 50" Plasma
    Playstation 3
    Shaw HD PVR
    Primacoustic Room Treatments
  • maclick
    • Dec 2011

I burned one of their sample CDs; sounded great to me. I guess you would have to do a side by side comparison. I don't really steam music so I can't tell how much better "HD Tracks" sound.
    Rotel RSX 1055

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

It depends on whether you're burning an audio CD (then yes it would need to be converted and down-sampled) or a data CD with the higher res (assuming flac?) audio file on it. If it's an audio CD there will be some level of quality loss.

FYI a data CD will require that whatever you're playing it back on would be able to read/process flac files.
      Jason

Comment

• BWLover
        • Jan 2009

It's uncompressed AIFF files. I'm wondering if I should buy the 192/24 files and burn an audio cd. Or buy the 44.1/16 files and burn to audio cd. Will the 192/24 files sound better (even when down sampled) then the 44.1/16 files because they were originally of higher quality?

Bowers & Wilkins 683 Speakers
        Rotel RB-1090 2 Channel Amp
        Rotel RC-1082 Stereo Pre Amp
        Rotel RCD-1072 CD Player
        Pro-Ject Debut Carbon w/ Ortofon 2M Red (sitting on a piece of slate supported by 3 "solid tech feet of silence" isolation feet)
        Rotel RLC-1040 Power Conditioner
        Shynyata Research SR-Z1 Power Outlet & Venom 3 Power Cords x 4
        Tara Labs RSC Vector 1 Speaker Cables & Interconnects
        Pioneer PDP-5070HD 50" Plasma
        Playstation 3
        Shaw HD PVR
        Primacoustic Room Treatments

Comment

• aud19
          Twin Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by BWLover
          It's uncompressed AIFF files. I'm wondering if I should buy the 192/24 files and burn an audio cd. Or buy the 44.1/16 files and burn to audio cd. Will the 192/24 files sound better (even when down sampled) then the 44.1/16 files because they were originally of higher quality?

I would imagine the likely made the 44.1/16 files from the same 192/24 masters so I doubt it. Do you not have any way to listen to the uncompressed 192/24 files?
          Jason

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"