X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alaric
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Jan 2006

Qx9650 Es

I lucked into a QX9650 ES yesterday! If ASUS tells me I'm SOL on my AM3 motherboard I may have to get a LGA775 mobo and go Intel! Technically , I can't sell the ES because it belongs to Intel , but it may accidentally fall into a mailbox after someone sends me money. :T
    Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
    Marantz PM-KI Pearl
    Schiit Modi 3
    Marantz CD5005
    Paradigm Studio 60 v.3
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

How much money might someone need to "rent" it

Comment

• Alaric
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Jan 2006

Not sure. I suppose I could check that auction site or Google for an idea. First I'm going to plug it into the Dell I'm stuck using now and make sure it works. If all is well it's a quad core , 3.0 GHz CPU with an unlocked multiplier. Would be an upgrade from my current AMD rig , but I didn't see any decent 775 mobos after a brief search. I may just unload it to get one of the last 965 BEs at newegg. :B A lot depends on the verdict at ASUS (RMA) regarding my current mobo. If I "rent" it I'll probably be hoping for about this much http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819103727
      Holy crap! I just saw this at Tiger Direct http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...79_39191_39191 I wonder what filing cabinet they found that under. :rofl: Hell of a processor for $50!
      Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
      Marantz PM-KI Pearl
      Schiit Modi 3
      Marantz CD5005
      Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• Hdale85
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2006

Guess that's a pretty old extreme series lol, didn't realize it was 775.

Comment

• Alaric
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Jan 2006

Yeah , they came out 4Q 2007 , a couple lifetimes in CPU tech. Intel is on the 3rd gen Core processors and the QX was the first. It will still run rings around my Phenom X4. My Phenom can handle just about any Pentium but the QX flat stomps it , and probably stomps the Phenom IIs as well , especially with the unlocked multiplier. @ 3.5 to 3.8 GHz on air cooling it should move along nicely. If I can find a mobo that supports it and DDR3 I'd like to build something. So far all I can find is DDR2 and a max of 8 GB on micro ATX boards. A decent graphics card should be the ony big investment to make a decent low-budget gaming rig.
          Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
          Marantz PM-KI Pearl
          Schiit Modi 3
          Marantz CD5005
          Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• Hdale85
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2006

Well technically there was the Core solo and Core Duo before the Core2, not sure if they don't consider those part of the core line.......the name says otherwise lol.

Yeah I'm not sure DDR3 was really used much when that CPU came out.

Comment

• Alaric
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Jan 2006

Yeah , I'd have to check the architecture to be sure. I think the Yorkfield was two Wolfdales on the same die. Intel has more damn die iterations than AMD has CPUs , LOL.
              Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
              Marantz PM-KI Pearl
              Schiit Modi 3
              Marantz CD5005
              Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"