X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wettou
    Ultra Senior Member
    • May 2006

Ipod Touch Classé SSP-800 remote control

It would be great to have the Classé SSP-800 remote available for the iPod Touch and iPhone?

We should poll SSP-800 owners to see how many people would like that feature, I have an Apple TV remote and it is a blast!!
    Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower
  • AV-OCD
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by wettou
    It would be great to have the Classé SSP-800 remote available for the iPod Touch and iPhone?

We should poll SSP-800 owners to see how many people would like that feature, I have an Apple TV remote and it is a blast!!
    I think this will do what you want.

Watch the video at the bottom of the page.

Comment

• wettou
      Ultra Senior Member
      • May 2006

Originally posted by AV-OCD
      I think this will do what you want.

Watch the video at the bottom of the page.
      Very mixed review and expensive, I currently have a Harmony One but I am looking for an application specific for the Classé SSP-800.

Like the

I am hoping that there must be a software engineer who owns the SSP-800 and could develop such an application for the rest of us
      Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• mjb
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2005

I think the only way to do it would be to attach a computer via RS232 to the SSP-800, and send it commands from the iPhone over the network, which get relayed to the processor over the TTY port. The commands are in plain language, you could test the idea using VNC and "screen" (Mac/Unix) or "hyperterminal" (Windows).

Otherwise, you're going to need a network to infrared device like the RedEye. At least RedEye has some software already.
        - Mike

Main System:
        B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
        Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• AV-OCD
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by wettou
          Very mixed review and expensive, I currently have a Harmony One but I am looking for an application specific for the Classé SSP-800.

Like the

I am hoping that there must be a software engineer who owns the SSP-800 and could develop such an application for the rest of us
          As mjb alludes to, there needs to be some sort of network connection between the iPhone / Touch and the SSP. Since the SSP does not have wi-fi capability like the Yamaha, that connection would have to be made by an external device like the RedEye. I doubt that Classe would create such a device, so it would have to come from a different company.

Comment

• wettou
            Ultra Senior Member
            • May 2006

Originally posted by AV-OCD
            As mjb alludes to, there needs to be some sort of network connection between the iPhone / Touch and the SSP. Since the SSP does not have wi-fi capability like the Yamaha, that connection would have to be made by an external device like the RedEye. I doubt that Classe would create such a device, so it would have to come from a different company.
            Got it wifi & Classé not yet!

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"