X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ray5
    • Dec 2008

Logitech or URC

Hi!
    Eternal question again. Here is my dilemma. From many conversations with installers, end users and forums it seems the Logitechs are easy to program but not that intuitive but URC's are harder to program but user friendly and customizable. The only problem I have is that the URC's are more expensive and most that have the right features(RF capability being one) are exclusively through the installers.
    Where I am they are at least 65 miles away and if the remote malfunctions they will have to take a hike down. Also I am completely dependent on them for future additions to my system or troubleshooting with the additional expense. Any suggestions? Thanks,
    Shubhra
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Always a tough call. I'll tell you my personal preference--I'm at CEDIA right now, and continue to be impressed more and more with Universal Remote. They've got some new products out now, and even more that are about to be released, that are just awesome. They really work to get us what we want as home theater dudes. That would be my vote. How far up in the model range would you be looking?
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• ray5
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Chris D
      Always a tough call. I'll tell you my personal preference--I'm at CEDIA right now, and continue to be impressed more and more with Universal Remote. They've got some new products out now, and even more that are about to be released, that are just awesome. They really work to get us what we want as home theater dudes. That would be my vote. How far up in the model range would you be looking?
      I prefer a wand type and RF capable. Something that I can tinker with myself and don't have to go through the installers unless I have to. Nothing against them, they are good guys making a living but I don't like the idea of not being able to troubleshoot or add components myself. What goodies do they have? Did you check out the B&W sub? Thanks,
      Ray

Comment

• Maceo23
        • Dec 2006

I had a MX-810 for a while and just couldn't get it programed the way I wanted. I know that it had great capability but it was useless to me if I could get it to work worth a crap. For what its worth, it was the first remote that URC used their new wizard type software. That was the shortcoming of the remote. I finally gave up on it and sold it and bought a harmony one. I really like it so fat, but I know that I'm just gonna have to replace it in a couple of years because it really not built all that sturdy. Really quite flimsy compared to the URC, but it programmed up quick, annd work exactly as I want it to.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"