X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

SPDIF over HDMI issues.

Ok so I have a 9500GT that has an SPDIF header on it. I've been using it fine up until a few days ago. For some reason it doesn't want to work all the time now. The other day it stopped working and I was messing with it and was ready to update the driver and all the sudden it started working again. Other then that I really didn't do anything to it. Then today it starts again after I turned it on. I tried up dating the driver and what not and so far it's not working.
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

Hmm ok nevermind. I just changed an option in the bios it says SPDIF out. YOu can set it to SPDIF output or SPDIF over HDMI. I didn't think this would effect SPDIF through my video card but apparently it does. Not sure why it worked at all before if it needs this option though? I guess we'll see what happens.

Comment

• audioqueso
      Super Senior Member
      • Nov 2004

I take it "SPDIF over HDMI" means you can output HDMI A&V AND still output audio over SPDIF. Yes? No? I could only imagine that if it's "SPDIF over HDMI", the signal sent from SPDIF (though a different interface) is still awaiting handshakes from the HDMI portion. So if your HDMI interfaces detects no end device, then the pc will not output any audio over SPDIF either (because it thinks there is no end device). It's the only thing that would make any sense to me.

Don't know what else. Interesting though.
      B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"