remote control for lights that would work with a ER remote like Harmony.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Txgrizzly
    • Jun 2009

remote control for lights that would work with a ER remote like Harmony.

Guys,
    i am building a HT and want to look at doing some remote lighting schemes. what i would like to be able to do is hook a some sort of RF or IR remotable device to an AC outlet hidden by a soffit and be able to control lighting levels by programming that device into my Harmony remote. does anyone know if this is possible and any websites that i could look at. i know i could go with one of those huge remote stations like Lutron but was hoping for a cheaper alternative...

Thanks
    Bill
  • Bent
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2003

how much is a "Cheaper Alternative"?

lutron spacer system dimmers, (and an IR repeater system if the dimmer boxes are already installed and not in a convenient location) would be a simple addition to your existing harmony remote.

If you wish to start a scaleable system and keep expanding it, then take a good look at Applied Digital's Ocelot http://www.appdig.com/adicon_new/ocelot.htm stand-alone controller and either lutron's spacer dimmers, or Leviton's powerline carrier dimmers.

Comment

• Txgrizzly
      • Jun 2009

thanks Bent I will look into those options and see what it can do for me... :T

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

For what it's worth, I've become hooked on the lighting systems by Lutron designed by Universal Remote Control. They're RF based, and absolutely awesome. Just use your URC remote, and you've got dimming, zone capability, switches, and lamp dimmers. (I just checked, and now they have MLV dimmers too)

CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
        - Pleasantville

Comment

• Bmac
          • Aug 2006

Take a look.
          Epson Home Cinema 1080p, Panasonic TH42PX600U, Onkyo PR-SC 886, Earthquake Cinenova 7, Sony 400 Disk dvd, Paradigm studio 20' v.4s, Outlaw LFM-1 & LFM-2,Tripp lite line cond, Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD, Playstation 3, Roku, & WD TV, APC AV H15

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"