X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • crackyflipside
    • Nov 2006

HTPC as Pre/Pro

The biggest issue I need to figure out right now is how to run various external inputs through the PC to the projector. Especially HDMI multi-channel audio.
    -Chris B

;x( DIY
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

Problem with doing this is that there aren't many sound cards that sound real good.

Comment

• crackyflipside
      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Dougie085
      Problem with doing this is that there aren't many sound cards that sound real good.
      I've heard some very good things about this soundcard:

(Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro)
      -Chris B

;x( DIY

Comment

• Hdale85
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2006

I would go for the Auzentech version as their drivers are MUCH MUCH better. Creatives drivers are generally crap.

Probably one of the better sounding cards for HT as well and still uses the Xfi chipset. There is an HDMI card that you can get for it (not sure if its out?) but it will pass the new lossless formats over HDMI with it.

Comment

• Hdale85
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2006

Actually just checked their site and you'd probably be interested in this

Comment

• crackyflipside
            • Nov 2006

Actually just checked their site and you'd probably be interested in this

http://www.auzentech.com/site/produc...theater_hd.php
            Nah, I am looking for something to go directly from the PC -> amplifiers. No receiver at all.

You have any ideas on how to run, let's say, a PS3 into the PC. So PC then does processing on video and audio then outputs to the projector?
            -Chris B

;x( DIY

Comment

• Hdale85
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2006

That card has analog outputs as well. If you want to decode DTS-HD MA and True HD you need a card like that. I have not seen anything that will let you input HDMI on the PC. Honestly I think your going to have a hard time using it the way you are wanting to.

Comment

• crackyflipside
                • Nov 2006

That card has analog outputs as well. If you want to decode DTS-HD MA and True HD you need a card like that. I have not seen anything that will let you input HDMI on the PC. Honestly I think your going to have a hard time using it the way you are wanting to.
                Me too. :rofl:

I'll probably end up buying a cheap receiver... Why can't there be any cheap pre-pros...
                -Chris B

;x( DIY

Comment

• Hdale85
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Jan 2006

UMC-1 699 and will do anything you want... and since you already have an amp? No need for the internal amps. 5 HDMI inputs and plenty of connectivity. They said the 699 will go for all pre orders but later price might go up.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"