X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

Well.........I'm not liking the ION setup at all here. It's just not working as smoothly as I'd like, the GUI is slow and just seems like I'm sacrificing too much performance for my main HTPC. So I think I'm going to keep it, but move it to a different TV, or leave it in the living room as I think the projector setup is moving to another room soon since we are moving.

So I'm moving back to a higher end PC but trying to keep it somewhat low powered and really thinking out the design and making it like a real piece of HT hardware. Keeping the optical drive as quiet as possible, being careful with the case I select and so on. I've made a preliminary list but since this is probably a couple months off it could easily change some. The case will likely stay the same though.

And the optical drive would be this one
    acousticpc.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, acousticpc.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

What I'd really like to use is the new Ivy Bridge mobile cpu's that are 17w, but I can't seem to find a motherboard that I'd really want to use that supports them, and finding the CPU's them self is really hard. I think this setup I've listed should likely stay around or under 100w power draw which isn't bad. I have to figure out for sure if that HSF will fit in there, but I think it should. I'm not trying to go passive this time around, I just want to make sure it's going to be nearly silent and that I can't hear it from the couch. Which I think this will be as configured.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"