X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alaric
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Jan 2006

Help,please...

Various applications keep telling me I have javascript deactivated , except I have activated javascript every way I know how. This is making me nuts as I can't open some websites at all. I can't run javascript in Firefox or IE 7. Any help would be appreciated. :cry:
    Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
    Marantz PM-KI Pearl
    Schiit Modi 3
    Marantz CD5005
    Paradigm Studio 60 v.3
  • Alloroc
    Super Senior Member
    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Alaric
    Various applications keep telling me I have javascript deactivated , except I have activated javascript every way I know how. This is making me nuts as I can't open some websites at all. I can't run javascript in Firefox or IE 7. Any help would be appreciated. :cry:

Hi,

Could be a firewall issue - have see it before. What, if any are you using?

V.
    Vincent.

I don't want the world. I just want your half.

Comment

• Alaric
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Jan 2006

I'm using ZoneAlarm.
      Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
      Marantz PM-KI Pearl
      Schiit Modi 3
      Marantz CD5005
      Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• Alloroc
        Super Senior Member
        • Dec 2005

Lee,

Try this.

V.
        Vincent.

I don't want the world. I just want your half.

Comment

• Alaric
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Jan 2006

Thanks for the link. I've got the free ZA , but I poked around the site and checked a few things . I guess I'll have to do without a few sites and pictures. I'm way too paranoid to lower my security level. I spent a lot of the first year of 'puter ownership cleaning bugs , trojans , and all manner of malware from this thing. I've now forgotten most of what I learned and have too much stuff I don't want to lose now! 8O
          Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
          Marantz PM-KI Pearl
          Schiit Modi 3
          Marantz CD5005
          Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• ShadowZA
            Super Senior Member
            • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Alaric
            ... and have too much stuff I don't want to lose now! 8O
            Alaric, in order to preserve your important stuff an idea is to backup often and regularly. What I do, is this: My most treasured files are the family pics which I have backed up to dvd and also on a usb jetflash (which accompanies me when travelling). Other, not-so-important stuff, but still necessary ... I also keep on a regularly updated dvd. Also, I have a second, removable hard drive on which I store duplicates of files (latest drivers, pdf files, favourites, etc, etc).

I last suffered a hard drive crash about a year and a half ago. Recovery was relatively painless. Popped down to the store, picked up a new hard drive ... installed Win XP & was operational within 2 to 3 hours after installing the most important programs & latest drivers (which I had bcked up).

All it needs is to get into the habit of doing backups. Once you get the routine ... it becomes familiar & easy.

Good luck

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"