X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Danbry39
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2002

Help on Firefox!!!!!!!!!

I got home and clicked on Firefox only to find that all bookmarks, extentions, etc. aren't there. Neither is my history. Try to bookmark a page and the window comes up, but when I click on the button to bookmark the page, nothing happens.

I'm at a loss. Anyone else ever had this problem? Man, this has been a lousy day, but this is just one piece of the story.
    Keith
  • xixel
    • Dec 2005

Interesting problem - Firefox does backup that sort of data though

Not tooo sure about extensions, thats weird.. perhaps you changed your windows username? or you were logged in on another account..

but things like your bookmarks look in a folder such as:

C:\Documents and Settings\<USER>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\default

for: bookmarks.bak

and you can I guess delete bookmarks.html and rename the bookmarks.bak to bookmarks.html

Comment

• dyazdani
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Oct 2005

I use FireFox and haven't seen that issue, might try reinstalling it after you try to recover your information per Xixel's instructions.
      Danish

Comment

• Danbry39
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Sep 2002

Thanks a lot guys. Unfortunately, the file xixel made reference to wasn't there...or at least I couldn't find it, even with a couple of searches. So, I'm going to delete, then reinstall Firefox.

Oh well, at least I have the fun of bookmarking all my sites again.

I love technology, but there are days.... :evil:
        Keith

Comment

• Kevin P
          • Aug 2000

Go to: C:\Documents and Settings\<USER>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\????????.default (???????? is 8 random characters). Your bookmarks, cache, extensions, etc. should be in there. If Firefox isn't seeing them, copy the folder elsewhere, delete the folder, relaunch Firefox so it recreates the profile, then copy everything back.

Comment

• Danbry39
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Sep 2002

Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I didn't know application data files could be hidden, so once I "unhid" them, I found the BAK file for my bookmarks and imported them into Firefox and it worked!!!

Thanks for all the help. ;x( ;x( ;x( Never has my bookmark listings looked so sweet. Me yesterday ops: . Me today thanks to you guys .
            Keith

Comment

• Danbry39
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Sep 2002

I just want to also give the Firefox support forums major props on being among the most giving and useful around. Today, after I thought all was well, I found that I couldn't add new bookmarks or extensions, or, for that matter, even clear my history.

Feeling guilty about already asking you guys for help, I posted on their support forum and, man, those guys are as helpful as the people over here. Problem fixed in no time at all.

Again, thanks to you and the good folk over at Firefox.
              Keith

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"