X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

....Windows access protection.

Ok now I recently reinstalled windows with my restore disc that came with my computer. The problem is that if I do a full restore it deletes all my partitions and makes 2 new partitions one being a backup the other being the main partition. Well I didn't want it to have the backup nore delete my file partition. Well the other option was to just reinstall windows. Well I chose this option and it reinstalled windows just fine. But it also made a backup folder on my C: drive that has all my old files in it. Well the folder is about 10 gigs and taking up way to much space. But I can't seem to delete it. I logged in as admin and tried making it not read only and yada yada but it keeps giving me access denied crap. Can anyone tell me how to get around this?
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

Well I found a program called File Monster and its deleting most of the stuff....but there is still a few files that are being stubborn.

Comment

• Vinny
      • Mar 2006

Try unlocker
      It's a freeware and does all the unlocking the denying access for you

Pioneer KRP-500M
      Emotiva UMC-1
      Parasound 5125
      Oppo BDP-83
      Klipsch RF-3II, RC-3II, RB-5II
      SVS PB-10NSD

Comment

• PewterTA
        • Nov 2004

Hey thanks for the program Vinny, it's great, I've had two files that I couldn't get ANY program to delete them... and we are talking about 20 different programs. Unlocker was able to do it's magic and get the files deleted.

Thanks!
        Digital Audio makes me Happy.
        -Dan

Comment

• Vinny
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by PewterTA
          Hey thanks for the program Vinny, it's great, I've had two files that I couldn't get ANY program to delete them... and we are talking about 20 different programs. Unlocker was able to do it's magic and get the files deleted.

Thanks!
          No problem. Windows always lock program for no reason, or some program installed without our permission and we lost track of them. It's good to keep this program around, I have been using it for a year or so. :T
          Pioneer KRP-500M
          Emotiva UMC-1
          Parasound 5125
          Oppo BDP-83
          SVS PB-10NSD

Comment

• Hdale85
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2006

Ok well that program worked better Deleted everything but 1 file Flash9.ocx....

Comment

• Vinny
              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Dougie085
              Ok well that program worked better Deleted everything but 1 file Flash9.ocx....
              Flash9.ocx should be started when your system starts up(I don't remember exactly where it is)
              Try to do a msconfig under a program -> run -> msconfig -> startup
              Pioneer KRP-500M
              Emotiva UMC-1
              Parasound 5125
              Oppo BDP-83
              SVS PB-10NSD

Comment

• Hdale85
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Jan 2006

Yeah...it's from the old install though so it's strange that its running it on the new installation. But I will try that.

Edit: Ok I just checked the msconfig and flash9.ocx is not in there....so I don't know.:banghead:

Comment

• whoaru99
                  • Jul 2004

Did you try going in as admin in safe mode?
                  There are some things which are impossible to know, but it is impossible to know which things these are. :scratchhead:

----JAFFE'S PRECEPT

Comment

• Hdale85
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Jan 2006

No I will try that in a bit when I get done cleaning. But that makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"